- 440 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 80 grams Dairy Free Margarine (like Nuttelex)
- 220 grams Dairy free milk (soy, almond or rice)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place the flour, sugar and margarine in the thermomix bowl. Mix for 8-10 seconds on speed 9. This is to achieve a breadcrumb like consistency of the ingredients.
2. Add the milk to the thermomix bowl and mix for 5-10 seconds on speed 4 until mixture is combined, then go on to knead ( dough function) for 30 seconds.
3. Pour dough onto well floured counter top or marble board, lightly pat or roll dough to around a 3cm thickness and then cut your desired sized scones out of the dough (you don't need a scone cutter, I usually use one of the kids cups or a glass because after all these years I still don't have a scone cutter!). Gently push cut offs back together and keep cutting scones until as much of the dough is used as possible. Leave a small gap between each scone before baking.
4. Bake for 10-16 minutes (this will depend on size, they'll be slightly browning ontop when they are ready.
5. Apply your favourite topping to fresh warm scones and sit back and enjoy.
To make your Scones
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry & Vanilla Teacake
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- Peanutbutter choc chip cookie
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses