- 175 grams Butter
- 330 grams plain flour
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 170 grams walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 75 grams caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Paste
- 1 egg
1h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Grease & line a rectangular slice pan. Make sure the paper comes up the side.
- Chop half a cup of the walnuts by blitzing for sort bursts. Add the butter and melt 90c/2m/sp2 or until melted.
- Add flour, brown sugar and golden syrup. Mix for short bursts on speed 4. This is a stiff mixture so you only want to combine it.
Remove from bowl, reserve a cup of this base mixture for the topping.
Press remainder into the prepared pan and bake in 180c for 15 minutes. Cool
Add cream cheese (softened), caster sugar and vanilla paste. I didn't clean the bowl, just scraped it as best I could.
Mix sp4/20s, scrape down, repeat.
Add egg, mix sp4/10 seconds, scrape, repeat.
Add this mixture to the base when it is cool.
- Take reserved base mixture, crush the remainder of the walnuts (I do this by hand in a bag. Crushed is nicer than chopped as it brings out the walnut oil) and add cinnamon. Mix well with fingers. Crumble this mixture over the top of the cream cheese.
- Bake in 160c oven for 30-40 minutes until the topping is brown. Cool in pan and then refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
You can change the nuts to whatever you prefer. The original recipe had Pecans. The weight of the walnuts is estimated. I actually just used a cup measure.
PS Not my photo. My husband has frozen it already in portions for later.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.