- 50 g dates, optional
- 50-70 g walnuts, optional
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 50 g golden syrup
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 pinches salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, extra large skin on
- 80 g Greek-style natural yoghurt, or sour cream
- 1 heaped teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 250 g plain flour
This is a great recipe. I found it on Sallys Baking Addiction website here https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/best-banana-bread-recipe/
I've modified it and adapted it to the Thermomix
In my variation, I use the whole banana, skin and all. I think this really helps the flavour.
Once you add the flour you don't want to over-process this, as it will overdevelop the gluten, making it tough.
Preheat the oven to 180°C
Prepare a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin by wiping a generous amount of butter around the tin and covering the butter in a thin layer of flour.
- Add the dates and process for 5 seconds/speed 6 Add the walnuts and process for 3 seconds/speed 5 Remove the dates and walnuts, scraping out the and put aside.
- In the scraped out , add the butter, brown sugar, golden syrup, vanilla extract, mixed spice, and cream for 20 seconds/speed 5. Scrape the bowl down halfway through
Add the salt, eggs, yoghurt, bicarb soda. Chop the tip and tail off the bananas. Leaving the skin on chop the bananas into the .
Process for 45 seconds/speed 7
- Add the dates and walnuts, and the plain flour. Using the spatula fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. knead the mixture for 40 seconds. At the end using the spatula scrape and fold any remaining dry ingredients. Some dry flour is not going to be a problem. It will end up cooking through.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
Bake for 70 minutes at 180°C
After the first 40 minutes cover the top with foil to stop it from over-browning.
Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
Turn out onto a rack to cool.
Accessories you need
Freeze bananas, skin and all for this recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Chocolate peanut butter biscuits