- 80 g berries, frozen or fresh
- 1 apple, quartered and cored
- 100 g raw almonds, preferrably activated
- 500 g water, preferrably filtered
- 80 g chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- juice of half a lemon
- 370 g quinoa, dry
- 500 g water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
This recipe is inspired by Quirky Cooking's Layered Chia Maqui Pudding //www.quirkycooking.com.au/2012/11/layered-maqui-chia-pudding/ as well as the Quinoa & Chia Breakfast Pot in the I Quit Sugar program //iquitsugar.com
1. Place apple and raspberries in bowl. Place measuring cup into lid. Chop 5 secs Spd 5. Empty into container and set aside.
2. Make almond milk: Measure 100g raw almonds. Place measuring cup into lid. Grind Spd 9 for 20 seconds.
3. Add water, place measuring cup into lid. Blend Spd 9 1 minute. (Alternatively, use 550g of milk of your choice)
4. Add remaining ingredients. Place measuring cup into lid. Mix 6 seconds, spd 4. Cook 5 mins, 37 degrees, spd 1
5. Remove pudding to dish or large jar and put in fridge to thicken up. Spoon over cooked quinoa, yoghurt, extra berries and chopped nuts e.g. pecans, almonds or walnuts for a delicious power packed breakfast
To Cook Quinoa1. Weigh 370g dry quinoa into simmering basket and rinse thoroughly under running water. Do this at least twice. Do not skip this step as it removes the bitter natural coating of the quinoa grains.
2. Fill bowl with water to the 500ml mark or just above. Insert simmering basket. Place measuring cup into lid. Cook 20 minutes - Varoma temperature - Speed 4
3. Freeze quinoa in one cup portions and take out night before for breakfasts throughout the week.
Berrylicious Breakfast Chia Pudding
* Nut Free/ Different milk variations - You can skip steps 2 and 3 (making the almond milk) and substitute with 500g of whatever milk you prefer
* Raw/ No Cooking/ Have More Time - if you have more time rather than cooking the mixture in step 4 you can just mix the ingredients 20 secs reverse Spd 2, transfer to container and put in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight. Stir after 20 minutes to make sure berries and apple don't sink to the bottom.
* Serve in a glass tumbler or glass jar in layers
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Quince conserve
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits