- 2 litres full cream milk
- 0.2 litres cream, (Optional)
- 3 tablespoons Yoghurt (no added additives and preservatives)
1h 45minPreparation 1h 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place milk in TM bowl and cook for 1hour at 90 deg speed 3 with MC off.
2. Add cream and cook for a further 30 mins at 90 deg speed 3 with MC off. (Remember this step is optional).
3. Stir on speed 3 till temp reduces to 70 deg then take lid off and allow to cool to 37 deg. (takes about an hour on sp 3)
4. Add 3 Tablespoons of yoghurt (kept from previous batch or favourite yoghurt (with no additives and preservatives) if making the first time) and mix 5 seconds speed 5 and then cook 10 mins 37 deg speed 1.
5. Meanwhile sterilize thermoserver bowl and lid by swirling with boiling water, and empty.
6. Pour yoghurt mixture into thermoserver with lid on and leave on the bench, still and in the same spot, for at least 8 hours. The longer you leave it the more sour it becomes.
Please note it's very important to use a spotless clean bowl and blades and thermoserver and to leave the MC off while making yoghurt.
Please use a yoghurt as your starter that has no additives and preservatives as this will enable your yoghurt to set properly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dr Frank's Paleo Grain Free Bread/Focaccia
- Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Chocolate Nutty Slice (Sugar Free, GF, Paleo)
- Chia and Sunflower GF Loaf
- Paleo Pizza Base
- Raw Mango & Cashew Dreamcake
- Crunchy Coriander and Peanut Fritters (GF/DF)
- Spiced Baklava
- Mango Macadamia Ice-Cream (DF)
- Wholefood Berry Cake
- Roasted Beetroot Dip
- Chocolate Panforte
- Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Soup
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Cheesy Bacon Scrolls
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Cream Cheese
- Jaffa Macarons
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE