- 300 grams plain flour
- 180 grams water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place all ingredients in the bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 7
2. Scrape down bowl
3. Knead dough for 3 minutes "Dough mode"
4. Tip dough onto bench or silicone mat (dough will look a little like noodles) and knead by hand just to bring mixture together (don't wash your Thermomix yet!)
5. Wrap dough in mat or place in Freezer bag and rest it for 15 minutes. This will help soften the dough.
6. Return dough to Thermomix and knead for a further 6 minutes on "Dough mode"
7. Place the dough back into bag to stop it from drying out while you make each wrapper. Flour your mat or bench top and rolling pin.
8. Pinch off 15g portions from the dough and use your fingers to shape into thick flat discs.
9. With your rolling pin, roll each disc into thin circles (they don't need to be perfect!), rolling extra around the edge so it is thinner for when you pinch together and seal.
10. At this point you can freeze the wrappers by placing each one on a tray ensuring they are not touching and separating each layer with cling film or baking paper, or you can fill them straight away.
Accessories you need
If filling: place a tablespoon of mixture in the middle of each wrapper and use water to wet the edges and pinch together.
I steamed my dumplings by placing them spaced apart in my Varoma base and tray, filling the bowl half with water and steaming for 22 minutes, Varoma, Speed 4.
If freezing: when you are ready to use, thaw at room temperature for approx 15 minutes
*Recipe adapted from www.maangchi.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegan Parmesan (Noochesan!)
- Chicken Stock Powder
- GF Protein Balls
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Chocolate Hummus
- Simple Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Ibu Sambal
- Flaky pastry sausage rolls
- Beef Massaman Curry
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Steamed South Pacific Fish