- 4 dashes extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pinches salt
- 500 grams fresh garlic
Recipe is created for
1. Squash the garlic bulb to release the individual cloves.
2. Put the entire 500 grams of fresh garlic cloves into the thermomix on reverse - speed 6, for 30 - 40 seconds. This will chop the garlic very roughly.
3. Fill the thermomix with cold water and stir. Most of the garlic skins will float to the top in a few minutes.
4. Scoop the garlic skins from the top of the water and dispose of them.
5. Strain the water off the garlic with a mesh sieve and empty the garlic onto a breadboard. Pick any unwanted remaining skins from the mixture.
5. Return the clean garlic to the thermomix.
6. Add 4 good splashes of EVOO and a heaped teaspoon of good quality salt.
7. Liquidise the garlic mixture on speed 10 for a further 20 seconds.
8. Spoon the garlic paste into small ice cube trays and/or a sterilised jar depending on how much fresh garlic you would use over the coming weeks. Use garlic in the jar in the next few weeks, and freeze the remainder in cubes. If you are not sure, do a bit of both until you are certain of your usage.
8 Once the garlic cubes are frozen, empty and store in the freezer in a cliplock bag or plastic container for use as appropriate to your recipes.
Accessories you need
For low fat recipes, leave the oil out and just add a little water to help the garlic blend into a smooth paste.
Leave the salt out if you are on a low sodium diet.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.