- 50-70 g full cream milk powder
- 1 level teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 heaped tablespoons Vanilla starter yoghurt, Must have live cultures (pot set)
- 1 litres full cream milk
- 150 g Extra yield culinary cream, Extra thick cream
- 50-75 g sugar
16h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
1. Place milk, milk powder, sugar, vanilla, and cream in bowl 25min/90deg/sp3
2. Remove thermo bowl from dock, place the bowl into the refrigerator for about an hour, place back onto dock after an hour to check temp, if 37deg comes up WAIT until the indicator turns out
skim off any settlement on top
3. As soon as the temperature indicator has turned off add your 3tbs yoghurt starter
(use a good brand of vanilla pot set yoghurt)
it must read on the back ‘live coltures’
for my very first batch I used
‘farm house gold extra cream vanilla’
4. Whilst cooking boil your kettle and with the boiled water fill either 1.5 litres worth of glass jars or a thermo server
5. Once cooking has completed empty out the boiling water and fill jars/thermo server with your yoghurt! Wrap in a towel and pop it somewhere to be undisturbed for atleast 11hrs (I’ve left mine for 14-16 before and turned out beautiful!)
6. After the setting time is up pop in the fridge for atleast an hour before serving!
Remember to remove 3tbs of yoghurt and set aside for your next batch!
for the cream I used extra yield culinary cream that I picked up from my local wholesale store, tho I haven’t tried this with normal heavy cream I assume that would work to! Might just not be as thick!
Yes it says a lot of sugar, but if your after the same taste as the Gippsland brand this is what I’ve found to be extremely similar, cutting the sugar back is completely fine for the faint hearted!!
Very creamy and sweet yoghurt (tastes like Gippsland dairy)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tumeric Cubes
- Ginger Cubes
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Pot set yoghurt
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Taco seasoning
- Banana pancakes
- Chocolate Panforte
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Spicey Hot Chocolate Mix
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Raspberry & Rosewater Vodka
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread