- 110 g Gluten Free Flour (premix), GF flour such as Aldi brand with Guar or Xanthan gum
- 50 g tapioca starch
- 40 g Rice flour - white, high starch, EG Erawan Brand
- 1 pinch salt
- 40 g Butter, ghee or preferred alternative, Cubed, cold
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 15 g cold water
Add butter/ghee/chilled coconut oil or other alternative to flour mix and crumb together - speed 5-6, 10 seconds. Listen for the change in sound as the chunks are gone.
I have made it in both a TM5 or TM31 with consistent results.
The rice flour MUST be starchy for best results. You could try using a starchy rice and milling it, but the extremely fine commercial starchy rice flours work well for texture results.
Big key to the results is keeping the dough cold. If it gets too cold it may get crumbly, but too warm and it'll stick and not roll out as well.
I regularly double the recipe and it works extremely well.
Use the remaining egg yolks as a wash on the the final product, or in custard instead of/in addition to, full eggs.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- FLUFFY OAT & CINNAMON PANCAKES WITH CREAMY MAPLE SYRUP
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Chocolate Nut & Seed Balls
- Apple slice Yoghurt pancakes
- Chocolate Protein Balls
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Large Batch Plum Jam
- Large batch Apricot Jam
- Sugar free, Dairy free & Gluten free Banana Bread
- DJ’s Whipped Ricotta
- Fresh Ricotta
- Fluffiest Gluten Free Pikelets
- Almost Kingston's
- Paleo-style 'K-waves' - "Cheesy" herb seed crackers - dairy + gluten free
- "Cheesy" herb seed crackers - dairy and gluten free
- Gluten free nut free no bake muesli bars
- Gluten Free Ginger Slice
- Fruity Gluten Free Muffins
- Fluffy and Tasty Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Corn, Nut and Soy free bread. Suitable for FAILSAFE Elimination Diet
- Gluten Free Butter Cake Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Nut Free Quick Chocolate Cake
- Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- "Failsafe" Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Egg* free Pizza base (+ topping suggestion)
- Coconut Bounty Brownie (Adapted from New Idea Magazine)
- Lamb and feta sausage rolls
- Easy Passionfruit Curd (Lower Carb)
- Chocolate raspberry muffins
- Gussie's Biscuits
- Banana & Raspberry Cake
- Aglio Olio
- Greek Yoghurt Ranch Dip
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Jalepeno and Lime sauce
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Fudgy-Wudgy Chocolate Cookies