- 200 g carrot, cut into chunks
- 50 g onion
- 250 g Copha, cut into pieces
- 250 g vegetable oil
Cut carrot into suitably sized chinks. Place carrot in TM bowl and chop on speed 8 for 6 seconds.
Place onion in bowl. Chop contents on speed 6 for 6 seconds.
Add oil and copha (cut into pieces) and cook at 100° degrees for 40 minutes on speed 2.
Puree 1 minute on speed 9 – remember to start at speed 5 for a few seconds to allow contents to ‘settle’, and then gradually increase to speed 9.
Cool in fridge. As it ‘sets’, it will look a bit like ghee.
Insert butterfly in TM bowl. Break mixture into suitable sized chunks and place in TM bowl. Whip at speed 4 for 20 seconds or until light yellow thicker mixture achieved.
Place in jars or containers and return to fridge.
Store in fridge or freezer.
Voila! – It looks amazingly like butter.
Non-Dairy/Kosher "Butter" Spread
The resulting 'butter'/spread, would be suitable for use by those who keep a kosher kitchen.
The traditional recipe was shared with Lynette MacDonald by one of her customers I would be happy to acknowledge the customer if she were open to it. Between Lynette and I, we finessed the recipe and converted to Thermomix use - so much easier!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot & Date Balls
- Nut butter Porridge
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Easy Batter
- Tumeric Cubes
- Ginger Cubes
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Pot set yoghurt
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Braised Jew Fish
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting