- 200 g carrot, cut into chunks
- 50 g onion
- 250 g Copha, cut into pieces
- 250 g vegetable oil
Cut carrot into suitably sized chinks. Place carrot in TM bowl and chop on speed 8 for 6 seconds.
Place onion in bowl. Chop contents on speed 6 for 6 seconds.
Add oil and copha (cut into pieces) and cook at 100° degrees for 40 minutes on speed 2.
Puree 1 minute on speed 9 – remember to start at speed 5 for a few seconds to allow contents to ‘settle’, and then gradually increase to speed 9.
Cool in fridge. As it ‘sets’, it will look a bit like ghee.
Insert butterfly in TM bowl. Break mixture into suitable sized chunks and place in TM bowl. Whip at speed 4 for 20 seconds or until light yellow thicker mixture achieved.
Place in jars or containers and return to fridge.
Store in fridge or freezer.
Voila! – It looks amazingly like butter.
Non-Dairy/Kosher "Butter" Spread
The resulting 'butter'/spread, would be suitable for use by those who keep a kosher kitchen.
The traditional recipe was shared with Lynette MacDonald by one of her customers I would be happy to acknowledge the customer if she were open to it. Between Lynette and I, we finessed the recipe and converted to Thermomix use - so much easier!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thick Creamy Vanilla Greek Yoghurt
- Blueberry ricotta pancakes with a lemon glaze
- Thick Creamy Greek Yoghurt
- Kobi’s Strawberry & Vanilla Bean Jam
- Paleo Granola
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Separator Agent (slides cakes out of pans)
- Yoghurt pancakes
- Pizza Sauce with onion, garlic and herbs
- Cranberry and coconut toasted cereal
- Apricot Chia Coconut balls/slice/bars
- Ricotta using lemon
- Chicken Paella
- Gluten free low carb mini quiches
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Beetroot and Feta Burger
- Chocolate Apricot Slice
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Carrot and Zucchini Purée - ThermieBub
- Zucchini Slice
- Spicy Rum BBQ Sauce
- Beef Chili with Canadian twist
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad