THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 450 grams Self Raising Flour
- 2 teaspoons Bi Carb Soda
- 80 grams castor sugar
- 3 --- fresh eggs, room temp
- 40 grams softened butter, or melted
- 600 grams full fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add ingredients as listed into the Thermomix bowl.
Mix 30 seconds / speed 5
Scrape down the side of the bowl.
Mix 10 seconds / speed 4
Rest the batter for 20 - 30 minutes while the skillet. frypan, hotplate heats to aprox 160 degrees celcius.
Use an ice cream scoop or measuring cup to dollop pikelet batter evenly on the cooking surface. Make sure there is enough spacing to be able to flip them successfully.
Cook the first side until bubbles appear and start to pop on the wet surface. Slide an egg flip under and flip to cook the other side.
Pikelets are cooked when there is no visible steam rising from the pikelet and they are golden brown underneath.
Cool on a cake cooling rack while the next couple of batches are cooking.
Serve plain, with butter, with jam or jam and thermomix whipped cream.
For breakfast pikelets keep warm in the thermoserver while cooking batches, serve with maple syrup, whipped butter, fresh berries or caramel sauce.
Store in an airtight container for the day, refridgerate for a couple of days or freeze wrapped individually for school lunch box treats.
Cooking the Pikelets
Serving and Storing
Suited to both TM5 and TM31 All ingredients and environments can make this products timing differ so adjust to suit. If you make and then smile please leave a reveiw so others can cook with confidence too. Enjoy >>>> check out My other recipes on the recipe community while here too //www.recipecommunity.com.au/user/99230/myrecipes/all Cheers RuthWe have been at the same school for almost 2 decades and these have been a constant from the very first day. My kids loved buying them from Tuckshop as a treat but I was never able to recreate them at home quite as good. Enter Thermomix and a stolen recipe from school Tuckshop and I nailed it. Some of my kids haven't had them for years and they all gave them the thumbs up this morning.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tumeric Cubes
- Ginger Cubes
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Pot set yoghurt
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Taco seasoning
- Banana pancakes
- Cardamom and Rye Artisan Bread Loaf TM5 & TM31
- Try Our Thermomix ANZAC Cookies
- Cookie Dough Press Almond Biscuits TM5 & TM31
- Nanny's Malt & Sultana Biscuits
- Ruth's Thermomix Tin White Sandwich Bread Loaf TM5 TM31
- Little Lamington Style Iced Sweet Buns TM5 TM31
- Little Lunchbox Sweet Iced Buns - Cream Buns TM5 TM31
- Easy Classic Macaroni and Cheese
- Our Daily Bread TM5 & TM31 White Bread Loaf
- Choc Rasberry Bubble Bars
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- BBQ Sauce
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- mint sauce tm5
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Satay noodle salad
- Pasta Alla Norma