- 20 grams caster sugar
- 250 grams self-raising flour
- 410 grams buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Recipe is created for
1. Add sugar to Thermomix bowl. If making own caster sugar use white or raw sugar and mill for 3 seconds on speed 9.
2. Add all other ingredients.
3. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
4. To cook, spray a non-stick frypan with oil and place over medium heat. Put 1/3 cup batter into pan and cook approximately 1.5 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over and cook a further 1 minute or until lightly golden underneath.
This recipe is adapted from Survival for the Fittest, The Australian Institute of Sport official cookbook for busy athletes.
Accessories you need
To make own buttermilk, add 1/2 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice to the 410g milk and stand for approx 20 seconds before using.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.