- 350 g potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 30 g Butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 85 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Fill the bowl with water to the 1L mark.
Place the chopped potatoes in the Simmering Basket and insert into the bowl.
Cook the potatoes for 10 mins/Varoma/ speed 3 until soft.
Drain the potatoes and add the butter and salt and mix for 20 secs/ speed 7 until smooth.
Add the flour and baking powder and"Dough mode" for 1 min.
Roll out into a circle about 5mm thick. Cut into 8 triangles.
Cook in a non stick pan for 3-4 mins each side until golden.
Serve as part of a cooked breakfast.
Accessories you need
Scottish recipe that is traditionally served with full cooked breakfast. Alternatively try them topped with mushrooms, poached egg or cooked tomatoes and baked beans.
A great way to use leftover potatoes (either cooked or uncooked).
The cooked potato scones can be store in the fridge for a couple of days and reheated when required.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies
- Simple sausage rolls
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake