- 350 g potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 30 g Butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 85 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Fill the bowl with water to the 1L mark.
Place the chopped potatoes in the Simmering Basket and insert into the bowl.
Cook the potatoes for 10 mins/Varoma/ speed 3 until soft.
Drain the potatoes and add the butter and salt and mix for 20 secs/ speed 7 until smooth.
Add the flour and baking powder and for 1 min.
Roll out into a circle about 5mm thick. Cut into 8 triangles.
Cook in a non stick pan for 3-4 mins each side until golden.
Serve as part of a cooked breakfast.
Scottish recipe that is traditionally served with full cooked breakfast. Alternatively try them topped with mushrooms, poached egg or cooked tomatoes and baked beans.
A great way to use leftover potatoes (either cooked or uncooked).
The cooked potato scones can be store in the fridge for a couple of days and reheated when required.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paper Mache boiled flour and water paste
- Dad's Pancakes
- Oscars Honey Corn cereal
- Avocado latte
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Fluffy American Pancakes
- Creamy coconut yoghurt Tm6
- TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Breakfast Müsli in a Jar
- Kim's Mulberry and Chia Seed Jam
- Banana oat pancake
- No more coco pops- Puffed Buckwheat choc cereal
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Raspberry & Coconut Scones
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Dad's Pancakes
- Cinnamon crumble cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Spring onion Butter Cookie
- Variation Passionfruit Curd
- Cornflake & Pistachio Cookies
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free