- 5 pieces long red chillies
- 3 cm galangal knob
- 8 pieces shallots (Indian onions)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 40 g belacan (shrimp paste), Use the block style shrimp paste
- 20 pieces small dried red chilies
- 20 g oil
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. In the TM bowl, dry roast the belacan 3 mins/120C/"Gentle stir setting" .
2. Add all remaining ingredients to blend 15 sec/sp9.
3. Scrape down bowl. Add 20g oil.
4. Blend 10 sec/sp9 or until to preferred consistency. If you desire a smoother consistency, you may add 5g oil and repeat the blending step.
5. Cook 8 mins/120C/sp 1.
6. Serve as a condiment with rice, vegetables, fish or boiled egg. Or you can also store in an airtight jar up to 1 week.
Accessories you need
This Sambal Belacan Tumis is great as a marinade for steamed mackeral, served with Nasi Lemak, hard boiled egg or stir fried with water spinach.
You could also add 40g of lime juice for additional flavours.
If you would like to tone down the spiciness, deseed the chilies and reduce the number of small dried red chilies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Blanch Vegetables
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Dad's Easy Chicken Curry
- Pumpkin Zucchini Cheesy Mini Muffins
- Char Siew (BBQ Pork) Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Ham and Tomato Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Brookie - Chocolate Chip Brownie Swirl Cookies
- Traditional Mooncake with Red Bean paste
- Malaysian Chicken Laksa
- Flourless Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Stir Fried Mushroom and Egg Noodles
- Nyonya Onde-Onde
- Sticky Apple Chocolate Cake
- Kuih Lapis Legit (Spekkoek)
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu