- 5 pieces long red chillies
- 3 cm galangal knob
- 8 pieces shallots (Indian onions)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 40 g belacan (shrimp paste), Use the block style shrimp paste
- 20 pieces small dried red chilies
- 20 g oil
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. In the TM bowl, dry roast the belacan 3 mins/120C/.
2. Add all remaining ingredients to blend 15 sec/sp9.
3. Scrape down bowl. Add 20g oil.
4. Blend 10 sec/sp9 or until to preferred consistency. If you desire a smoother consistency, you may add 5g oil and repeat the blending step.
5. Cook 8 mins/120C/sp 1.
6. Serve as a condiment with rice, vegetables, fish or boiled egg. Or you can also store in an airtight jar up to 1 week.
Accessories you need
This Sambal Belacan Tumis is great as a marinade for steamed mackeral, served with Nasi Lemak, hard boiled egg or stir fried with water spinach.
You could also add 40g of lime juice for additional flavours.
If you would like to tone down the spiciness, deseed the chilies and reduce the number of small dried red chilies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kim's Mulberry and Chia Seed Jam
- Banana oat pancake
- No more coco pops- Puffed Buckwheat choc cereal
- Easy yogurt
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Almond Seed Snack (Like Munch Crunch)
- fruit Bars or bites
- Creamy Vanilla Yoghurt using EasiYo containers
- chinese five spice
- Omega 3 Seed Mix
- Gluten Free Waffle Mixture
- Easy Pancakes
- Dad's Easy Chicken Curry
- Pumpkin Zucchini Cheesy Mini Muffins
- Char Siew (BBQ Pork) Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Ham and Tomato Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Brookie - Chocolate Chip Brownie Swirl Cookies
- Traditional Mooncake with Red Bean paste
- Malaysian Chicken Laksa
- Flourless Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Stir Fried Mushroom and Egg Noodles
- Nyonya Onde-Onde
- Sticky Apple Chocolate Cake
- Kuih Lapis Legit (Spekkoek)
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Three cup duck tongue
- Cinnamon Apple Slice
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Nonna’s Spaghetti Sauce
- Banana pudding cake
- The Best Ever White Chocolate Mud Cake