- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cummin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 2 brown onions, Peeled and Halved
- 5-10 Fresh Red Chillies (the amount depends on your taste, I used 7 and I like that flavour), Deseeded (keep the seeds in if you want it hot)
- 1 piece galangal root, Fresh, or Frozen (about 1 tablespoon)
- 4 stalks Lemon grass, Roughly chopped (white part only)
- 1/2 bunch Coriander Roots and Stems (no leaves), Fresh or Frozen
- 1 tablespoon Kaffir Lime Zest, Normal limes are an ok substitute
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves, Leaf Stems Removed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 40 grams peanut oil, or Alternative if nut allergic
- 10 grams Dried shrimp paste, 20g of Soya or Fish Sauce would be ok to substitute
Place black peppercorns, coriander and cumin seeds into the mixing bowl and dry fry 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 1, then mill for 60 seconds/speed 10 and set aside.
Place shrimp paste into the mixing bowl with peanut oil and sauté 3 minutes/100/speed 1.
Add into the mixing bowl, chilies, onion, garlic, lemons grass, galangal, coriander roots and stems, lime rind and lime leaves Blend to a paste, 30 seconds/speed 8, scrape down the bowl and repeat.
Add paprika, turmeric and reserved milled seeds. Blend 30 seconds/speed 4, scrape down the bowl and repeat.
Place the contents of the mixing bowl into a sterilized jar and refrigerate. It should last up to 6 months.
Accessories you need
Freeze this paste into 100g lots (about what you need for a curry) and you will always have this fanatsic paste on hand!
This recipe is based off Charmaine Solomon's Red Curry Paste
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Minced beef Goulash
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream