- 1 cup of rice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Looking for a way to cook rice whilst your TMX bowl is cooking away and too full to fit in the basket for steamed rice?
Here's how to cook rice via the absorption method in the Varoma.
1. Find a heatproof container that will fit in the Varoma, without covering all of the steam holes. I used a small loaf tin.
2. Place rice in container, and pour in enough water to cover rice by 1 - 2cm. (Measure it as the distance between your fingertip and first finger joint)
3. Place container in the Varoma, cover, and set on top of the TMX bowl
4. Set the TMX to Varoma for 20 mins, speed 2, or whatever speed you are cooking with. At the end of the 20mins, the water should be fully absorbed and the rice ready to eat.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Accessories you need
If you choose a shallow enough container, you can still insert the tray in the Varoma and steam vegies etc on top!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Chocolate Nut & Seed Balls
- Apple slice Yoghurt pancakes
- Chocolate Protein Balls
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Large Batch Plum Jam
- Large batch Apricot Jam
- Sugar free, Dairy free & Gluten free Banana Bread
- DJ’s Whipped Ricotta
- Fresh Ricotta
- Fluffiest Gluten Free Pikelets
- Strawberry Yoghurt
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Lemon cheesecake pots
- Easy-Peasy Macaroni Cheese(y)
- Mini Weetbix & Date loaf Cakes
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Beef curry pies (Pie-maker)
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto