- 1 cup of rice
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Looking for a way to cook rice whilst your TMX bowl is cooking away and too full to fit in the basket for steamed rice?
Here's how to cook rice via the absorption method in the Varoma.
1. Find a heatproof container that will fit in the Varoma, without covering all of the steam holes. I used a small loaf tin.
2. Place rice in container, and pour in enough water to cover rice by 1 - 2cm. (Measure it as the distance between your fingertip and first finger joint)
3. Place container in the Varoma, cover, and set on top of the TMX bowl
4. Set the TMX to Varoma for 20 mins, speed 2, or whatever speed you are cooking with. At the end of the 20mins, the water should be fully absorbed and the rice ready to eat.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Accessories you need
If you choose a shallow enough container, you can still insert the tray in the Varoma and steam vegies etc on top!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vanilla Chai Mix (Similar to Arkadia brand)
- French Onion Soup Mix
- Curried egg
- Low FODMAP Muesli
- Creamy Vanilla Yoghurt - TM6 using Fermentation Mode
- Brazil Nut Parmesan
- Brown Sugar & Banana Porridge
- HOME MADE BREAKFAST MUESLI
- EASY BREAKFAST PORRIDGE
- NDIS support coordination melbourne
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- 'Squid Game' Stir Fry - Bulgogi Beef
- Fig and Walnut Carrot Cake with Caramilk Cream Cheese Icing
- Cheese and Spinach Chicken Loaf
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- My Everyday White Bread
- Coffee Streusel Muffins
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Passionfruit Slice
- Sandwhich Bread
- Gluten free sandwich bread
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter