- 1 litre full cream milk
- 100 grams skim milk powder
- 200 grams Jalna pot set greek style yoghurt
- 90 grams cream
8Recipe is created for
Combine milk & powdered milk and cream in TM bowl for 10 seconds speed 7
Cook for 30 minutes 90degrees speed 3
Place TM bowl in fridge and cool mix to 37 degrees. This step is vital to the sucess of your yoghurt, and may take from 40 - 60 minutes.
Return your TM bowl to the base and wait for the 37 light to go out, the mix must be no hotter than 37 degrees
Add 200 grams pot set yoghurt,combine 4 seconds speed 4
Then heat for 10 minutes 37 degrees speed 3
Warm your thermoserver with boiling water
When cooking is complete, empty your thermomserver and carefully pour in the milk mix. Place the lid on and wrap in towel or small blanket and leave undisturbed for a minimum of 6 hours. I left mine for 10 hours, but you can leave for up to 24 hours. The longer you leave it the thicker it gets.
Chill before serving. Reserve some starter for your next batch, and decant into a plastic container if you prefer. Yoghurt stored in plastic seems to form less whey.
Your yoghurt will last apx 3 weeks in the fridge if you are not doubling dipping, though in my house it doesn't last 3 days. YUMMMM
Your starter can be frozen, but must never be defrosted in the microwave, or you will kill the culture. Defost in the fridge.
Your yoghurt will get thicker and creamier each time you use it.
Serve with CADA, fruit, muesli
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Smoked Paprika Butter
- Vanilla Greek Style Yoghurt
- Instant "Packet" Apple & Cinnamon Porridge
- Crunchy salad
- Thick Creamy Vanilla Greek Yoghurt
- Blueberry ricotta pancakes with a lemon glaze
- Thick Creamy Greek Yoghurt
- Kobi’s Strawberry & Vanilla Bean Jam
- Paleo Granola
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Separator Agent (slides cakes out of pans)
- Yoghurt pancakes
- Bindy’s Mud Cake
- Raspberry Coconut Dessert Bowl
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Peach & Cream Cheese Muffins with Mixed Berry Swirl
- Easy Vanilla Icecream
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- No Bake Passionfruit cheesecake slice
- Heidi's German Marble cake
- Potato and Bacon Frittata
- Cauliflower steaks with lemon coconut sauce
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Rollups
- Pumpkin, Feta and Kale Mini Loaves