- 250 grams water
- 2 teaspoons Yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 150 grams wholemeal flour
- 300 grams bakers flour
- 2 tablespoons Gluten flour, Optional
- 75 grams rye flour, Or equivalent wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons bread improver
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 65 grams pearl barley
- 900 grams water
8Recipe is created for
1. Place barley into simmering basket and rinse under running water.
2. Add water to and place basket inside.
3. Cook at Varoma, sp4/ 30 minutes.
4. Drain and cool by running under cold water. Set aside.
1. Place water, yeast and sugar into . Blitz briefly sp 3/ 5 secs to combine.
2. Add all remaNing ingredients, including the ( cooked) barley in the order listed.
3. Blend by slowly moving the speed dial to 7, using the spatula if necessary to help combine the mixture. If the mixture is dry add a little more water. If wet, add a little more flour. It will be a slightly sticky mixture. 6 minutes.
4. Tip onto a silicone mat or greased bowl and cover. Leave to rest 15 minutes.
5. Punch down dough and shape into a loaf or free form style.
6. Leave to rise until doubled in size.
7. Spray surface lightly with water.
8. Place into a cold oven set to 190C for 30-35 minutes or until cooked when tested.
9. Cool on a wire rack.
This bread is delicious fresh made into sandwiches or toasted.
if you don't have rye flour, or choose not to use it, add more wholemeal flour as suggested in the ingredients.
You may need more or less flour and water to get it to the right consistency.
If you like my recipes, join my FaceBook group "Thermify me...!"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LS Spelt Bread
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Quick and easy bread rolls
- NO WHEAT, LOW GLUTEN RAISIN BREAD
- Gina’s Scone Loaf
- Fruit Bread
- Nutty Low Carb Bread
- Japanese milk bread
- Challah (traditional Jewish celebratory plaited loaf)
- Scrolls (Lactose Free)
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Viennese whirls
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Kingston biscuits
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Chocolate coconut cake
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Mocha brownies with a Coffee glaze
- Wholemeal rolls
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Nutella Cookies
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)