- 1 Orange for ZEST, Optional
- 220 grams full cream milk
- 80 grams molasses
- 20 grams honey
- 1 tablespoon instant dried yeast
- 245 grams bakers flour
- 150 grams rye flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 40 grams softened butter
4h 0minPreparation 4h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Peel skin from orange leaving pith behind and add to the mixing bowl.
Add 20 grams of bakers flour to aid chopping the zest finely.
ZEST 10 seconds / speed 8.
Without cleaning the mixing bowl
Add Milk, Molasses, Honey and Yeast
Heat and mix 3 minutes / 37 / speed 2
Let this sit for a further 2 minutes
Add in Bakers Flour, Rye Flour, Cardamom, Aniseed, Salt, Butter and ZEST
Set to knead by selecting the dough function and knead the dough for 9 minutes.
If the mix doesnt start to come away from the sides of the bowl by the 4 minute mark add in a tablespoon of extra flour.
Continue until you think it is kneaded sufficiently for a good dough consitency.
Leave dough to rest in the bowl until dough has doubled in size.
Prepare proofing basket by dusting with flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
Remove dough from the mixing bowl by first pushing the spatula down between the dough and the inside of the bowl to release the dough from the sides.
Turn the bowl upside down twist the blade cog to loosen the dough and it should come away from the blade and drop to the bench or dough mat.
Gently shape the dough into a large round as you would a bread roll only a big version.
Place into the proofing basket, bottom seam of the dough facing up and the smooth side of the ball touching the base of the basket.
Prove again until the dough ball is doubled in size or reaches at least the top of the basket.Gently turn the dough out onto a well floured tray, slash the top of the dough ball gently with a blade and rest until the oven reaches temp.
Heat oven to its highest temp
Just before adding your tray of dough into the oven place a tray on the lowest rack and add boiling water PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS close the door and let the steam develop.
Quickly add the tray with dough to the oven and close the door.
Reset the temperature of the oven to 200 degrees and bake until a very dark golden colour and the bread sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
This recipe has been converted from *The Mixer Bible* a KitchenAid cook book. As I make this loaf I will fine tune the recipe and will be adding step by step photos. Please only attempt this bread if you have a bit of experience with dough. If not handled correctly and with much patience your loaf will end up being a brick. I have tested the recipe for myself with my own ingredients and in my own kitchen. Things may vary slightly with different brands of ingredients and environmental issues can affect the outcomes of any recipe. Please take this into consideration when planning to bake this loaf in your kitchen. Cheers and thanks Ruthy
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fruit Bread
- Nutty Low Carb Bread
- Japanese milk bread
- Challah (traditional Jewish celebratory plaited loaf)
- Scrolls (Lactose Free)
- German spelt bread
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)
- Milk loaf
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Black Buger Buns
- Try Our Thermomix ANZAC Cookies
- Cookie Dough Press Almond Biscuits TM5 & TM31
- Our Tuckshop Pikelets Pancakes at Home TM5 and TM31
- Nanny's Malt & Sultana Biscuits
- Ruth's Thermomix Tin White Sandwich Bread Loaf TM5 TM31
- Little Lamington Style Iced Sweet Buns TM5 TM31
- Little Lunchbox Sweet Iced Buns - Cream Buns TM5 TM31
- Easy Classic Macaroni and Cheese
- Our Daily Bread TM5 & TM31 White Bread Loaf
- Choc Rasberry Bubble Bars
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Tuna Mornay
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice