- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 75 grams Cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 500 grams bakers flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 300 grams buttermilk
- 75 grams Butter, softened
- 20 grams baking powder
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat the oven to 220 celsius
1. Add onion to the TM bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 8. Set aside
2. Add cheese to the TM bowl and grate 5 seconds/speed 8. Set aside with the onion.
3. Without cleaning the bowl, add the flour, salt, buttermilk, butter and baking powder to the bowl and mix 6 seconds/speed 6 to combine.
4. Knead the dough for 1.5 minutes/, adding the cheese and onion mix with 30 seconds to go.
5. Turn the dough out onto a thermomat or lightly floured surface, shape into a ball and then flatten with your hand until approx 5cm/2 inches thick.
6. Cut a deep cross into the dough and dust with a little flour
7. Bake for 30 minutes, then serve warm
You can make plain soda bread by omitting the onion and cheese
This is a Paul Hollywood recipe that I converted for the thermomix
This is a great recipe to use up the buttermilk left over from making butter
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hainanese Chicken Meal
- Low carb seed and nut bread
- Passionfruit marshmallow dark chocolate slice.
- Spinach, onion and feta pie
- Nutty Caramel Bliss Balls
- Jan's Butter Chicken
- Turkey mince burger patties
- Beef burger patties
- Cinnamon Scrolls with Caramel Sauce
- Marvelous Blend's Tomato Sauce
- Chinese samosa