- 2 level teaspoons dried instant yeast
- 3 tablespoon raw sugar
- 180 g full cream milk
- 60 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, large
- 400 grams Flour, Plain
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (or use margarine)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 70 grams Soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork, for egg wash
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
1h 40minPreparation 1h 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- 1. Add milk to bowl and heat at 37deg, speed 2.
2. Add raw sugar and yeast. Mix on speed 3 for a few sec. Leave to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Add flour, salt, butter and egg. Mix 10 sec, speed 6.
4. Set to closed lid position and knead for 3 min "Dough mode"
5. Transfer dough to a greased bowl, cover with a teatowel, and leave in a warm place to prove for 60 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 180deg.
7. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl
8. Punch down dough and divide into 4 equal portions. Dust benchtop and rolling pin with flour.
9. Roll each piece out into a circle, around the size of a dinner plate (use a dinner plate to cut them to shape/size)
Place the bottom circle on a sheet of baking paper. Top with 1/3 of butter, then sprinkle with 1/3 of cinnamon/brown sugar mix.
10. Continue with the next 2 circles, with fillings in between, and then finish with the 4th circle on top.
11. Place a cup/glass in the centre of your dough structure to make the centre of the star.
12. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut lines at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock. Then cut each quarter into 4 strips.
13. Using both hands, grab two adjacent strips and twist them away from each other twice, then press the two ends together to make a point. You should be left with 8 points making up your star bread
14. Brush with egg wash
15. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top
16. Cool for 5 minutes, then dust with icing sugar. Serve warm - ENJOY!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Janine's Flower Citrus biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Janine's Berry Bounty Bites - Thermie and Friends
- GF Slow cooker Roast Lamb Leg and Gravy
- Persimmon Pudding (Percy Pud)
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts