- 200 g white rice
- 100 g brown rice
- 120 g Seed Tapioca (sago)
- 60 g flaxseed (linseeds)
- 15 g psyllium husks, (about 1/4 c)
- 15 g dried yeast, (1 rounded Tablespoon)
- 30 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 45 g Rice Bran Oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon salt
- 400 g water, lukewarm
- 100 grams currants or sultanas
- 70 grams dry cranberries
- 2.5 teaspoon mixed spice
Mill white rice 20 seconds/speed 9-10 and set aside.
Mill brown rice and sago 30 sec/speed 9-10 and set aside with white rice flour.
Mill linseeds for 10 seconds/speed 9-10.
Return flours to ground seeds in bowl and mill for 10 seconds/speed 9-10.
Learn to “listen” for when the rattling of grains stops. You can always mill for longer (1 minute or more) if you want a finer flour.
Add psyllium husks, yeast, sugar, eggs, oil, salt and warm water to flours in bowl.
For HOt cross loaf add extra ingredients now and mix 15 seconds/speed 5 to form a runny batter. This will very quickly thicken, so tip into greased loaf tin ASAP. (Not to worry if it does thicken, it's just easier to get out of the TM when thin)
Make cross mixture with 1/4 cup rice flour and 3-4 tablespoons of water.
Pipe on top of loaf.
May make into buns but I have not done this as yet..
Set in a warm place to rise for 30-40 minutes (or until nearly doubled in size; may take longer on a cool day).
Bake in a hot oven (200ºC) for 40 minutes or until done.
You can use commercially pre-milled flours, if you prefer; my goal was to do as much as possible in the TM. Instead of sago, use arrowroot powder. OK to use your favourite oil instead of rice bran oil.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sues Sultana Cake
- Madeleines Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Asian Rhubarb and Carrot Soup
- Egg Tart
- Cod and potato chowder
- Chrissys Sultana and Bran Muffins
- Beef and Pepper Casserole
- Filipino steamed Pork Buns
- Chicken Congee Filo style
- maryannes mashed potato
- Maryannes Seafood Chowder
- wholemeal spelt bread
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- White Chocolate Berry Friands
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME