- 1 packages Laucke Barossa Rye Sourdough, Sold in box of 4 packages at supermarkets
- 1.5 level teaspoons dried instant yeast, Comes in Laucke Box
- 420 grams lukewarm water, 30 degs is ideal
- 150 gram mixed seeds/nuts, I use Pepita, Sunflower, Pine Nut, Pumpkin, Linseed, Hemp & Sesame
- 2 tablespoon rice flour, for dusting
2h 15minPreparation 1h 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Preheat oven to 35°C.
- Chop seeds/nuts in TM bowl"Closed lid" 2sec/sp6.
- In TM bowl"Closed lid" mix seeds, packet sourdough flour & yeast together, 10secs/speed4.5.
- Add lukewarm water to mix.
Mix"Closed lid" 8mins/"Dough mode" DOUGH Mode.
Don't leave TM unattended while in dough mode.
- Put dough in large glass bowl.
Easiest way is to remove dough is to turn TM bowl upside down & undo blade, letting dough & blade fall into bowl.
If some dough is still on blade, put TM bowl"Closed lid" back together, 3sec/sp10 to flick it out. Spatula out flicked dough to bowl.
Gently flatten dough down to sides of bowl as it is easier to judge the rise height.
Cover to stop dough drying out, with a lid or plastic wrap.
Rise dough by double in a warm place/ 35°C preheated oven, usually about 40-50mins.
- Once dough has doubled place on a lightly rice floured bench or plastic kitchen sheet.
Knock down to release gas that rises the bread.
Or Stretch & fold- stretch the dough up and over itself, working clockwise, 4 times. (My thoughs are this method makes for a better textured loaf)
Shape/ Roll to fit into large bread tin, spreading out gently with dough spatula.
Mist with water.
Sprinkle some whole seeds on top.
- In a warm place/35°C preheated oven, do 2nd rise, until dough has doubled again or to the required height of loaf in bread tin. (I usually let rise to just above edge of tin)
Turn oven on to 190°C, place loaf on centre rack & cook for 25 -30 mins (If doing rises in oven, remove bread tin & gently place on bench while oven preheats to cooking temp).
Loaf is baked if it sounds hollow.
- Remove loaf from bread tin and cool completely on cake rack before slicing with a bread knife. Enjoy
Accessories you need
The oven temps are for a fan forced oven. All ovens are different, so please keep watch on your loaf toward end of cooking process.
Keep in bread bag, stays fresh for 3 days if it lasts that long.
I keep in freezer and microwave for 15sec to defrost.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats Sourdough
- Variation Quick and easy bread rolls
- White Loaf 825gm
- Cheesy Herb Wraps
- Jane Yee Bread Rolls
- Scones - Staffroom Favourite (Fiona Hewitt)
- Indian Fried Bread (Panipuri)
- Gluten Free Rice Bread
- Bao buns.(makes 8)
- Sweet Potato Bread with Walnuts and Maple syrup
- Gluten Free Bread (using Italian flour)
- Mexican Coffee Buns, Roti Boy, Pappa Roti