- 3 tbsp psyllium seed husk
- 500 g water
- 150 g vegetables (eg carrot& zucchini)
- 40 g olive oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 150 g rolled oats (choose certif g/f in intolerant)
- 150 g buckwheat
- 150 g rice flour*
- 1 tsp g/f baking powder (optional)**
1h 5minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven 190 C
1. mix psyllium with water, stir and leave for 15 mns to thicken.
2. Make rice flour as per instructions Basic cookbook or EDC (1-2mns/ speed 9). set aside
2. Add buckwheat and oats to mixing bowl and grind 8 sec/ speed 9. set aside with rice flour
3. Place vegetables in mixing bowl and chop 3-5 sec/ speed 7. set aside
4. place Psyllium gel into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/ speed 4 to aerate it. Add vegetables, salt and oil and mix another 20 sec/ speed 4 till all is combined.
5. Add flours and baking powder. mix 4-6 sec/ speed 4.5 to combine.
6. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and form them into small buns. the dough is a little sticky, but workable. Wet your hands to avoid the dough stick to them.
7. Top the buns with seeds if desired and bake for about 45-60 ms till the crust is golden and firm and the inside sounds hollow when you knock on them.
Accessories you need
* i usually make 250 g of rice flour and place rest in jar for other recipes that require sml amounts of rice flour ( like 'dusting' of foods before frying for example)
** make your own baking powder as per recipe Basic cookbook or EDC
the buns freeze well
you can use other vegetables like turnip, spinach beetroot. Top with savoury of sweet. My kids like the buns with strawberry jam!
Recipe inspired by Green Kitchen Stories 'Gluten Free Vegetable Buns'. thanks for their awesome recipes!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Aleesha’s Keto Wraps
- 5 hours Dutch oven Bread
- Easy Multigrain Bread
- Simple German Soft Pretzels & Pretzel Dogs
- High Fat seed bread
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Cinnabun bread
- cauliflower sauce (gf df)
- Quinoa Kicharee
- Walnut Patties
- Lentil Moussaka (vegan)
- MuesliBars (nut free)
- Nut, Seed and Vanilla Mylk Smoothie
- Rice Tortitas - Spanish
- green smoothie: my favorite!
- Green Smoothie (basic)
- Cream of Asparagus Soup (dairy free)
- Quinoa & Spring Vegetable Salad with Kale Pesto
- Coconut Custard (Vegan)
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- YOMI (Yogi Milan) Indian Coffee Mix
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Creamy Bacon Thyme Sauce
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Pasta with spicy tomato sauce