- 450 g plain flour
- 3 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1 level teaspoons salt
- 180 grams Milk
- water, To mix
- vegetable oil, For frying
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Put flour, baking powder, salt and milk into thermie bowl. Speed 4 for 30 seconds. Set thermie going at Sp 3 and tip in small amounts of water till dough comes together and cleans the side of the bowl.
Rest for 30 mins.
Divide dough into 6 or 8 pieces.
Flatten and roll out each piece.
Shallow fry till golden brown on both sides
Accessories you need
These quick breads are wonderful topped with taco meat, lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream (like my photo).
We’ve also had them with curry and rice as a quick alternative to naan bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Chai Turmeric
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- Gherkin and Dill Dip
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice