- 280 gram water
- 40 grams sugar
- 600 grams flour
- 5 grams salt
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1 cube Fresh baker's yeast, or 2 teaspoons of dry yeast
In the bowl mix the yeast, water, sugar & cook 1 minute at 37 C/speed 1-2.
Add the flour, egg yolks, salt and mix 2 minutes 30 seconds. /
Mix 10 seconds// speed 2 in order to separate the dough from the bowl.
Rest the dough in a warm place until double in volume, 20-120 minutes.
Pat the dough to release the air, and knead by hand slightly to make smooth ball. .Form the dough into the chosen shape: ball, plait, or mould into a loaf.
Place the formed dough into a mould or baking tray, pre-covered with baking paper.
Brush egg yolk onto the top of the dough with a pastry brush. Rest the dough again e, for 20 to 120 minutes, until it has doubled in volume. Brush again with egg yolk.
Preheat the oven to 220C. Cook in the oven 10 minutes/220C [th. 7/8], then around 15 minutes /160C [th. 6].
If the crust colours too quickly, cover the top with aluminium foil.
Let it rest 5 minutes in the oven.
Remove it from the oven, allow it to cool, and then unmould it.
Et Voila! Fresh fluffy brioché!
Preparing the Dough
Baking the Brioché
Brioche is lovely sweet bread for breakfast or morning tea, & delicious with sweet spreads like jam.
Note that one cube of fresh baker's yeast equals 42grams of fresh yeast, or 42/3 (14) grams of dry yeast.
Recipe translated from the French Vorwerk's "à Table avec Thermomix"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation of Jamie Oliver’s Sticky Date Toffee Pudding
- Coffee Scrolls À la Anniembee
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Lemon Butter
- Hainanese Chicken Meal
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Low carb seed and nut bread
- Variation Marshmallows
- Passionfruit marshmallow dark chocolate slice.
- Spinach, onion and feta pie
- Beef burger patties
- Cinnamon Scrolls with Caramel Sauce
- Marvelous Blend's Tomato Sauce
- GF and DF Orange and chocolate nutty cookies