- 200 g water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp dried instant yeast
- 380 g Baker's Flour
- 1.5 level tsp bread improver
- 1 tsp brewing sugar, optional
- 15 g oil
- 1 level tsp salt
- 160-200 g ham, cooked, diced into large chunks, or salami, or a mixture of both.
- 1 tomato, more if needed, 1/4rd
- 1 spring (green) onion, sliced into 2cm lengths
- 1/4 Red or Green Capsicum, cut into large pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 60 g grated cheese, + extra for sprinkling (optional)
- cracked pepper and salt to taste
- Milk, for glazing
- 1 tablespoon dried italian herbs, for sprinkling
1h 40minPreparation 1h 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Combine all the ingredients in the bowl , 10secs/sp7.
Knead 5 mins adding a little extra flour ( 1T) if needed to stop the dough sticking.
Place in a bowl/mat, cover and leave to prove 30 mins.
Grease 2 x 6 hole muffin pans (Texas size works well).
Grease 8 holes for Texas pans.
Grease 10-12 holes for smaller pans. Spread them out well.
Punch down and cut into 8 pieces. (10pcs if using a smaller muffin pan)
Press/roll each piece into a circle about 13-14 cms. (12 cm for smaller muffin pan)
Place about 1 Tblspn of the filling into the centre of each and enclose.
Place seam side down into the prepared pans.
Cover and prove a further 30 mins.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Brush with milk before sprinkling with extra (optional) cheese and Italian herbs.
Bake for around 20-25 mins, or until cooked when tested. This will depend on the size of the pans.
Cool on wire racks.
Chop the ham, tomato, spring onion and capsicum, 5secs/sp4, or until chopped to the consistency you want.
Set aside in a bowl, before adding the egg and cheese, stirring to combine.
How to: Dough
Add extra fillings of your choice e.g, drained pineapple, olives..whtever takes your fancy.
They freeze well too
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fluffy scones
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- 7 layer bars
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- Caesar salad dressing
- Easy peasy iced custard tarts
- Creamy tuna dip
- Bounty Cake