- 250 g whole rye grains
- 350 g lukewarm/tepid water
- 250 g bakers flour
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 g EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- flour for dusting
- 100 g extra tepid water
TO PREPARE POOLISH:
1. add the rye grains to the TM bowl and grind for 2min/speed9
2. add the lukewarm water and a pinch of yeast, and mix for 30sec/speed2. (It does not become gluey like poolish for ciabatta!)
3. warm the ThermoServer with hot water, empty and place the mixture from TM bowl into ThermoServer, wrap in a towel and leave to ferment for 16-20 hours.
TO PREPARE BREAD:
1. once poolish is full of bubbles (after 16-20hrs), return to the TM bowl
2. add the bakers flour, yeast, EVOO and salt.
3./ /1 min
4. dough should be very soft and if too firm, add up to 100ml of tepid water to mixture.
6. place in a well flowered large baking dish, sprinkle with flour and place well oiled ThermoMat over dish. Leave to rise in a warm area for 2.5 hours.
7. Carefully lift and fold dough into the middle, first from one side, then the other, carefully shaping into loaf shape preferred.
8. leave to rise for another 20-30 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 220C and place small dish with water into the bottom of the oven.
9. bake for 30-40 minutes or until bread sounds hollow to tap.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.