- 80 grams pitted dates
- 80 grams dried apricots
- 80 grams Raisins (or sultanas)
- 1 lemon, peel from one lemon
- 1 mandarine or orange, peel
- 50 grams chia seeds
- 300 grams Milk
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- 1 egg
- 40 grams honey or sugar
- 70 grams Butter
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam or marmalade
- 600 grams bakers flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons bread improver, (optional)
- 50 grams mix of sesame, sunflower seeds, mix of any seeds you wish for top of loaf
8Recipe is created for
Pre Heat Oven to 180 degrees.
Place Apricots and Dates in Tm bowl and chop for 3 seconds onspeed 6 (very roughly chopped ) set aside with Raisins
Mill orange and lemon peel on speed 10 for 20 seconds, scrape sides of bowl
add Chia seeds and mill for 10 seconds, speed 10, scrape bowl down
Add milk and heat for 1 min on 50 degrees speed 1.
Add yeast, egg, honey, butter and marmalade or jam and mix for 5 seconds on speed 5.
Add flour, spices, salt and Bread improver. Mix for 6 seconds on speed 6 to bring ingredients together.
Knead for 3 minutes on Inrterval speedadding fruit in last 30 seconds of kneading, so they dont get too chopped up.
Transfer to large mixing bowl and cover with glad wrap or tea towel, place in very warm spot ( i put mine next to the fire) until doubled in size.
Transfer to large Bread tin or loaf tin and brush with water and sprinkle with seeds. push seeds gently into dough so they stick. Leave to rise again until up to the top of the tin.
Bake for 30 -35 mins until golden brown and hollow when tapped on the top.
Accessories you need
I based this recipe on the apricot loaf that you get in Bakers Delight. I love the sesame seeds on the top. i would still like to load it with more fruit so think ill do it agian and try doubling the fruit. Still delicious how it is though.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- East Meets West (Midwest Chilli with Naan Bread)
- Bangers and Mash with Mushroom sauce
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)