- 80 grams pitted dates
- 80 grams dried apricots
- 80 grams Raisins (or sultanas)
- 1 lemon, peel from one lemon
- 1 mandarine or orange, peel
- 50 grams chia seeds
- 300 grams Milk
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- 1 egg
- 40 grams honey or sugar
- 70 grams Butter
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam or marmalade
- 600 grams bakers flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons bread improver, (optional)
- 50 grams mix of sesame, sunflower seeds, mix of any seeds you wish for top of loaf
8Recipe is created for
Pre Heat Oven to 180 degrees.
Place Apricots and Dates in Tm bowl and chop for 3 seconds onspeed 6 (very roughly chopped ) set aside with Raisins
Mill orange and lemon peel on speed 10 for 20 seconds, scrape sides of bowl
add Chia seeds and mill for 10 seconds, speed 10, scrape bowl down
Add milk and heat for 1 min on 50 degrees speed 1.
Add yeast, egg, honey, butter and marmalade or jam and mix for 5 seconds on speed 5.
Add flour, spices, salt and Bread improver. Mix for 6 seconds on speed 6 to bring ingredients together.
Knead for 3 minutes on Inrterval speedadding fruit in last 30 seconds of kneading, so they dont get too chopped up.
Transfer to large mixing bowl and cover with glad wrap or tea towel, place in very warm spot ( i put mine next to the fire) until doubled in size.
Transfer to large Bread tin or loaf tin and brush with water and sprinkle with seeds. push seeds gently into dough so they stick. Leave to rise again until up to the top of the tin.
Bake for 30 -35 mins until golden brown and hollow when tapped on the top.
Accessories you need
I based this recipe on the apricot loaf that you get in Bakers Delight. I love the sesame seeds on the top. i would still like to load it with more fruit so think ill do it agian and try doubling the fruit. Still delicious how it is though.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- German spelt bread
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)
- Milk loaf
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Black Buger Buns
- Gf cheese and onion mini breads
- brioche rolls masterchef
- Sue’s White Bread Loaf
- Low FODMAP Easy Everyday White Bread
- Wholemeal rolls
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- East Meets West (Midwest Chilli with Naan Bread)
- Bangers and Mash with Mushroom sauce
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)
- Soft cookies with Okara (low GI)
- Banana oat cookies (dairy free, egg free, nut free)
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Keto Carbonara
- Viennese whirls
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Lemon Detox Bliss Balls
- German spelt bread
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Stock Powder
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay