- 230 g water
- 1.5 tsp sugar, Any preferred
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 100 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 400 g white spelt flour
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp bread improver, Vit C powder / organic ACV
- 25 g olive oil
Lightly grease a standard sized loaf tin (if required).
Put water in Thermo bowl and heat for 2min, 37', speed 1 or until 37' light stays on.
Add all other ingredients in order and combine for 10s speed 4.
Knead for 5 min on .
Tip dough out onto lightly floured Thermomat/oiled bowl and leave in warm spot to prove for 15-20 min.
Punch out any gasses, shape and place into loaf tin. Brush top with water and place in warm spot to prove until it reaches just over the top of the tin. See tip.
Place in cold oven, turn oven onto 200'C and bake for 25-30 min or until hollow when tapped underneath.
Prove in microwave: boil some water and fill a glass/mug, place in cold microwave with dough to create a contained, moist area for the dough to prove.
This recipe is a combination of a few different recipes including Thermomumma's and Quirky Jo's. The egg is what makes this bread soft like storebought bread, but if you need to leave it out, just use 50g extra water.
If your oven tends to run a bit hot, turn it down halfway through cooking to about 180'C.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jam and cream tea cakes
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Raspberry & Coconut Scones
- Paper Mache boiled flour and water paste
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Dad's Pancakes
- Cinnamon crumble cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Spring onion Butter Cookie
- Variation Passionfruit Curd
- Cornflake & Pistachio Cookies