- 1 litres Milk (Full Cream)
- 200 grams sugar
- 250 grams cream, (whipping cream)
- 3/4 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda, 3/4 or 1 teaspoon bicarb depending on how dark you prefer
- 1 teaspoons vanilla essense
1. All all ingredients into TM
2. Close lid and instead of putting the measusing cup on lid, put the TM Basket on top of the lid. This stops splatters but also allows for the evaporation of the milk.
3. Set it to VAROMA, SPEED 5, 45MIN (has to be on speed 5)
4. Please note that with some milks and sugars, the dulce de leche may be ready before the time. Please keep a look out.
5. Once finished, very carefully (it is VERY hot) but quickly pour it glass containers. It may seem too liquidy at first, but it can thicken quickly.
7. Place in fridge when ready. FOR BEST RESULTS, USE ONLY AFTER 24HRS. THE FLAVOUR AND CONSISTENCY DEVELOP AND GETS BETTER AFTER A DAY OR TWO
6. Dulce de Leche can stay in fridge for 2 weeks but i have left mine for longer (depends on sugar levels and how often the container is opened etc).
7. Some people prefer it thicker, some ligher or darker in colour (bicarb and time), sometimes without vanilla. I have made many many many of these and I dont always get the right colour/consistency. It depends on the milk and sugar i use etc.
Dulce De Leche
Can be added to icecream, spread on bread/toast, and used beautifully on cakes (like caramel).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.