- 400 grams Raw beetroot, peeled and roughly chopped to yield 300g
- 500 grams water, for steaming
- 150 grams full cream milk
- 100 grams raw sugar
- 250 grams cream
- 100 grams dark chocolate (70%), broken into pieces
- 4 whole eggs
Place peeled and chopped raw beetroot into simmering basket. Add water to TM bowl and put simmering basket and beetroot in place. Steam for 25 - 30 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1. Once cooked, remove basket and set aside. Empty water from TM bowl.
Place chocolate into TM bowl and heat for 2 1/2 minutes at 60°C on Soft speed. Once melted, remove from bowl and set aside.
Place beetroot and milk into TM bowl and puree for 45 seconds on Speed 9 until smooth. Add sugar and cream, whisk for 30 seconds on Speed 3. With the blade still running add the eggs one at a time through the hole in the TM lid. Continue to whisk for another 30 seconds.
Cook for 7 minutes at 100°C on Speed 4. Add melted chocolate and mix for 10 seconds on Speed 4.
Pour into airtight container and freeze for 2-4 hours. When partially frozen, place into TM bowl and remix for 1 minute on Speed 5 to give a creamier consistency. Return to airtight container and freeze for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Use thick cream if you can, otherwise whipping cream will work. If you find the mixture looks like it has curdled after it is cooked, add an ice cube or a dash of extra cream and blitz it by slowly turning the speed from 1 to 9 then blitz on speed 9 for 30 seconds. It should be silky smooth.
If you would like this to be more of a beetroot colour you can roast the beetroot in some foil until soft. That is the traditional way to do this, but I wanted to do everything in the TM. If you would like this recipe to taste of a little more beetroot then try adding 75 grams of chocolate rather than 100 grams.
If you find it a little icey when you remove it from the freezer just let it sit for 20 - 30 minutes before serving it. you could also top it with some cold coconut milk/cream for a healthy topping.
This is a delicious and healthier chocolate ice cream that has a beetroot finish to it. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Aunty Maree's Best Banana Cake Ever
- It’s Lime Cheesecake!
- LONG JOHNS (CREAM DOUGHNUT)
- Shady Grady Cheesecake
- Meghli مغلي
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Mandy's Chai Latte mix
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Variation "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Spreadable GHEE