THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 tbsp Blue matcha powder (see Tips)
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 3 egg yolks
- 80 g sugar
- 250 g cream
- 250 g coconut cream
- 1 tsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 250 g black glutinous rice
- 900 g cold water, plus extra for soaking
- 1500 g Boiling water
- 2 tsp salt
- 200 g taro, cut into cubes (1 cm)
- 250 g coconut cream
- 145 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 40 g Toasted Coconut flakes
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place Blue matcha powder and hot water into a small bowl and stir to dissolve. Set aside until needed.
- Place all ingredients, including reserved Blue matcha water, into mixing bowl and cook 7 min/80°C/speed 4. Transfer into ice cubes trays and set aside to cool. Place into freezer for 3-4 hours or until set.
- Place ice cream cubes into mixing bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and blend 10 sec/speed 4.
- Transfer into a freezable container and place into freezer for 3-4 hours or until needed. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 5 min/90°C/speed 2. Transfer into a bowl and place into refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until needed. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh rice into it. Cover with cold water and set aside to soak.
- Place boiling water and 1 tsp of the salt into mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket, weigh taro into it and cook 3-4 min/Varoma/speed 1 or until taro is al dente. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula, rinse under cold water and set aside. Discard contents of mixing bowl.
- Place 125 g of the coconut cream and 900 g cold water into mixing bowl.
- Using simmering basket, drain reserved rice and rinse under cold water until water runs clear. Insert simmering basket, with rice and cook 30 min/100°C/speed 4.
- Add reserved taro into simmering basket. Add remaining 1 tsp salt, remaining 125 g coconut cream and sugar. Stir with spatula and cook 5 min/100°C/speed 4. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and set aside to drain.
- To serve, divide rice between 4-6 bowls and add 2 tablespoons of reserved Sweetenened coconut cream. Top with a scoop of Blue matcha ice cream and garnish with sesame seeds and coconut flakes.
Blue matcha ice cream
Sweetened coconut cream
Black sticky rice with taro
To make Blue Matcha powder mill 100 g Blue pea flower for 30 sec/speed 10, then transfer into a sealable container until needed.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Honey cheese bread
- Fatet chicken shawerma
- Proste capuccino
- Corn rolls
- Grape Jam
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- Fluffy Coffee Whip - aka Dalgona
- Broccoli and Kale Soup
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Worcestershire Sauce (paleo, AIP)