- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 175 grams brown sugar
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Vinegar wash is 1 litre of water and 30grams of vinegar into the TM bowl. Heat for 10minutes/Varoma/speed 4. Dry everything with a clean tea towel.
- Add egg whites to bowl with butterfly whisk. Set time to 4 minutes, 37 deg, speed 3.5. MC off
- Set at 3.5 minutes, no temperature, speed 3 and add sugar gradually 1 tablespoon at a time. Keep an eye on mixture as it can be ready earlier. Mixture should be glossy and stiff.
- Pipe or scoop out even sized spoonfuls of mixture onto baking paper. Use the spoon to make a twirling motion and shape nicely. Cook for 1 hour on 135deg (fan forced) After an hour turn oven off and allow to cool in over with the oven door ajar.
- Yummy as they are or get creative and add filling in the middle to make a sandwich. Drizzle with caramel sauce or chocolate.
Do vinegar wash on your bowl including the bufferfly prior to whipping egg whites.
I have found the cheap brown sugar makes the meringues sticky and not set properly. I have only success using the more expensive brown sugar, like CSR or Buderberg. Meringues should be crisp on the outside and chewy in the centre.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mango fruity ice cream
- *BEST* Lamingtons *EVER*
- Peppermint Mint Choc Chip Bliss Balls
- Delicious Bliss Balls
- I want more slice
- Healthy Coconut & Almond Chocolates
- Mocha Bliss Balls
- Raw Cacao Balls by Domestic Thermominx
- NZ Lolly Log Cake
- Raw Lemon Protein Ball
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding