- 300 grams glutinous rice
- 1000 grams water
- 50 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100g grams raw sugar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the glutinous rice in the bowl, then the water. Cook for 10 minutes/100*C/Speed 1
Scrape the bottom of the bowl with the spatula to loosen the rice
Add the cocoa powder and raw sugar, and continue to cook for 20 minutes/90*C/Speed 1
Serve warm and drizzle with some fresh milk or condensed milk
Champorado is usually served for breakfast in Filipino homes or as an afternoon snack. It is sweet and served with a drizzle of fresh milk or condensed milk for those who love it sweet. It is like a porridge, and always served warm.
* You can use regular rice (Jasmine, medium or long grain), and lessen the cooking time in setp 3 to 10-15 minutes.
*You can use equal amounts of raw cacao powder as a substitute
* Use more or less of the cocoa powder if you prefer a very light chocolatey flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread