- 300 grams glutinous rice
- 1000 grams water
- 50 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100g grams raw sugar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the glutinous rice in the bowl, then the water. Cook for 10 minutes/100*C/Speed 1
Scrape the bottom of the bowl with the spatula to loosen the rice
Add the cocoa powder and raw sugar, and continue to cook for 20 minutes/90*C/Speed 1
Serve warm and drizzle with some fresh milk or condensed milk
Champorado is usually served for breakfast in Filipino homes or as an afternoon snack. It is sweet and served with a drizzle of fresh milk or condensed milk for those who love it sweet. It is like a porridge, and always served warm.
* You can use regular rice (Jasmine, medium or long grain), and lessen the cooking time in setp 3 to 10-15 minutes.
*You can use equal amounts of raw cacao powder as a substitute
* Use more or less of the cocoa powder if you prefer a very light chocolatey flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake