- 300 grams glutinous rice
- 1000 grams water
- 50 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100g grams raw sugar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the glutinous rice in the bowl, then the water. Cook for 10 minutes/100*C/Speed 1
Scrape the bottom of the bowl with the spatula to loosen the rice
Add the cocoa powder and raw sugar, and continue to cook for 20 minutes/90*C/Speed 1
Serve warm and drizzle with some fresh milk or condensed milk
Champorado is usually served for breakfast in Filipino homes or as an afternoon snack. It is sweet and served with a drizzle of fresh milk or condensed milk for those who love it sweet. It is like a porridge, and always served warm.
* You can use regular rice (Jasmine, medium or long grain), and lessen the cooking time in setp 3 to 10-15 minutes.
*You can use equal amounts of raw cacao powder as a substitute
* Use more or less of the cocoa powder if you prefer a very light chocolatey flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Caramilk Ice magic
- Caramilk Delight
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls
- Baby banana oatmeal
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- mint sauce tm5
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Green wellness juice