- 200 g raw sugar
- 400 g flour plain
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 50 g ricebran oil
- 2 eggs
- 20 g water
- sesame seeds, to cover balls in
- Rice Bran Oil, for deep frying
Mill sugar speed 9 for 9 seconds
Add flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix for 5 seconds speed 5
Add rice bran oil and eggs and mix speed 4 for 10seconds, scrape sides then mix for a further 10 seconds speed 4
Add 20g water and kneed 30 seconds at interval speed
Roll each portion into a ball (diameter of about a 50 cent piece)
Heat rice bran oil in a small saucepan and fry each ball until golden brown. The balls will open slightly, resembling a laughing head and eating them will bring lots of happiness in the new year.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet