- 300 grams Dried Fruit, I used apricots, sultanas and cranberries
- 300 grams chocolate cake eg: torta caprese, from EDC or BC
- 150 grams liquer, I used Kahlua, but use whatever is your favourite
- 150 + 200 grams dark chocolate - chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 100 grams white chocolate bits
- 1 green snake or mint leaf lolly
- 1 glace cherry or red sugar coated chocchips
- coconut oil
6h 0minPreparation 6h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place dried fruit mixture into bowl and chop for 5 seconds on Speed 7. If you prefer it finer, chop some more!
Set fruit aside and soak in liquer of your choice for a few hours or overnight
While fruit is soaking - prepare Torta caprese from EDC or BC. This is a good choice as the truffles will be GF. Alternatively use a chocolate mud cake recipe.
Put 150g dark chocolate into bowl - melt 2min, 60 degrees, Speed 1
Add soaked fruit and cake - 15 sec, speed 4 to mix. Use spatula to spread this mixture onto a tray and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to cool down
Use a teaspoon quantity to make balls - roll using your hands. You may need to wash your hands a couple of times as the mixture is quite sticky.
place balls back into the fridge to firm up again
Melt 200g dark chocolate and coconut oil in bowl for 2 minutes 60 degrees, speed 1.5
Dip truffle balls into dark choclate and back into fridge to set
Melt white chocolate 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 1.5 - pour into a small plastic ziplock bag and snip a TINY hole in the corner - use this to pipe your white choc on top of your truffles
Decorate with red and green "holly" and store in the fridge
Accessories you need
Use your favourite alcohol to soak fruit - the torta caprese has Amaretto in the recipe, however you can also vary this alcohol too to create a different flavoured cake.
The Torta Caprese is Gluten Free
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Nanna's Tea Cake
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Quick fruit sponge
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Strawberry Cheesecake - no bake
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Vegan Peanut Butter/Caramel Sauce
- Green Goodness Chocolate Brownie Balls - Paleo & Vegan
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls