- 200 grams dark chocolate (70%), ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 150 grams unsalted butter cubed
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 120 grams almonds, blanched
- 220 grams TM caster sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 55 grams Almonds, flaked
- 125 grams unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 320 grams TM icing sugar
Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Double line with paper cases a 12 hole muffin pan.
Place egg whites into a clean TM Bowl and whisk for 90 secondson speed 4 til soft peaks form. Set aside and clean bowl.
Add almonds to TM Bowl and process for 10 seconds on speed 7, set aside. Place roughly chopped Chocolate into TM Bowl and process for 10 second on speed 8, scrape down sides of bowl with spatula and add butter and brandy. heat for 3- 3 1/2 minutes on 50 degrees on speed 3. Set aside.
Place into TM Bowl eggs yolks, TM caster sugar and water and process for 30 seconds on speed 6.
Add butterfly to bowl and then add melted chocolate mix and almond meal. Mix for 15 -20 seconds on speed 4. Then add whipped egg whites and mix for 15-20 seconds on speed 2-3, scrape down side of bowl and repeat if necessary to combine mixture. Divide mixture among paper cases and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out with moist crumbs attached.
Add TM icing sugar, butter (cubed), vanilla extract, almond essence and sea salt flakes to TM Bowl and process fro 30 seconds on speed 6. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary to make sure the icing is a spreadable consistency, spread over cupcakes and sprinkle with flaked almonds
SALTED ALMOND ICING
This beautiful recipe has been converted from Marion Grasby's recipe in the May 2012 issue of Masterchef magazine
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Sweet Chocolate Log or Balls
- Gluten Free Butterscotch Self-saucing Pudding
- Quinoa, Apple & Cranberry Salad with Maple Dressing
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Dough Bites (no flour, no oil, no added white sugar)
- Golden Pecan Steamed Puddings
- SAVOURY CHEESE BALL
- SAL'S SMOKED SALMON DIP
- ROLLED OATS SHORTBREAD SLICE
- CHOC CHIP SLICE
- CHOC CHIP CARROT SLICE
- TORTA CAPRESE AL LIMONE
- Orange & Ginger Pork
- Chilli Chicken
- Bacon, Walnut & Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- YOMI (Yogi Milan) Indian Coffee Mix