- 25 g cocoa
- 190 g plain flour
- 80 g icing sugar
- Pinch salt
- 120 g chilled Butter, cubed
- 1 tbsp iced water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp strong instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsp Boiling water
- 160 g Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 25 g plain flour
- 125 g cream
- 75 g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 60 g cream
- sugar, for sprinkling
Place cocoa, flour, icing sugar and salt into clean, dry TM bowl. Mix thoroughly 20 seconds/speed 4.
Add butter and process 10 seconds/speed 6 or until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and water, set the dial to and 10-20 seconds or until mixture just comes together. Do not over process.
Tip out dough onto ThermoMat or clean bench, form a ball and flatten dough into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Roll out pastry between two sheets of greaseproof paper (or plastic wrap) to 3mm thick. Using a tart tin as a guide, cut rounds from the pastry about 2cm larger than the tin and use to line 12 x 8cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tins. Trim edges. Line the pastry cases with non-stick baking paper, fill with baking weights (or rice) and bake for 10 mins. Remove paper and weights and bake for a further 5-8 minutes or until the pastry is cooked through. Allow to cool in the tins.
Make caster sugar first if necessary 3 seconds/speed 10. Set aside.
Add coffee and hot water to TM bowl. Swirl bowl by hand until coffee has dissolved. Add all other ingredients except cream and cook 90˚C/7 minutes/speed 4 with the MC on. Set mixture aside in medium sided bowl.
Add cream to clean TM bowl. Insert butterfly and whip to soft peaks 10-20 seconds/speed 3. Whipping time will depend on the age of the cream. Add cream to crème pâtissière and fold in gently using spatula. Cover with plastic wrap. Ensure that the plastic wrap touches the entire surface. Refrigerate until needed.
Place chocolate in TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds/speed 8. Add cream and cook for 2 minutes/60˚/speed 3-4 or until smooth. Set aside in a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap to cool completely. Ensure that the plastic wrap touches the entire surface.
Remove the pastry cases from the tins and divide the ganache between the pastry cases. Fill with crème patissiere and sprinkle with sugar. Using a kitchen blow torch, brûlée the tarts until caramelised.
Original recipe from Donna Hay magazine, Issue 63, June/July 2012. Adapted for Thermomix by Erica Noble.
You can use the leftover egg whites to make meringues, pavlova, macarons, or you can throw them in with your scrambled eggs for breakfast, a frittata or quiche. If you don't want to overdose on sugar (these tarts won't last very long, trust me!), egg whites freeze really well.
If it’s a warm day, work with only half the pastry at a time to prevent the butter from melting and the pastry getting too soft. You can make these tarts in different sized tins, just adjust the cooking time for the pastry accordingly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Quinoa cornbread (or muffins or slice)
- Healthy(ier) Monte Carlo Biscuits
- Lemon Curd and Blueberry Streusel Cake
- Rhubarb Ginger and Orange Sorbet
- Slow cooked lamb madras curry
- Roasted Green Chicken Curry
- Cheesy Pumpkin and Caraway Pan Scones
- Jude Blereau's World Peace Bars
- Baklava Muffins
- Vanilla Sugar Biscuits
- Shortbread Stars
- Boules de Neige (Snowballs)
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Protein bars
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns