- 250 g dark chocolate, NOT cooking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 160 g double cream, at least 45% fat
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur
- some cocoa to coat truffles, approx 1 cup
Recipe is created for
Break chocolate into pieces and place into Thermomix bowl.
Melt for 4 minutes, 50o, speed 1 (or until melted)
Add unsalted butter and cream
Combine for 3 minutes, 50o, speed 1.
Scrape down sides of bowl and ensure butter is melted and combined
Add Grand Marnier
Combine for 20 secs. speed 2.
Place into a bowl and refrigerate until firm.
Add some milk (about 200g) and heat for 2 minutes, 80 degrees, Speed 4.
Relax while the chocolate is cooling.
When the mixture is cold, put some cocoa into a container. Place about 1 teaspoon (or less - depending on the size you'd like) of the mixture onto the cocoa and roll to coat. Put some more cocoa on your hands and roll into a ball.
Do not handle too much as you'll melt the chocolate.
Place the truffles on some cocoa to store.
These should be refrigerated until served or they can be frozen.
RATHER THAN WASTE THE CHOCOLATE IN THE BOWL...
Make Chocolate Balls
The recipe was given to me, many years ago, while in the Food Hall in David Jones.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Knafeh (Middle Eastern Custard Dessert)
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Spiced Beetroot & Orange Chutney
- Pina Colada Sorbet
- Vegetable Curry - Pav Bhaji Style
- Prawns Diablo
- Meatballs and Pine Nuts in Tomato Sauce (similar to Dawood Baasha)
- Tan Slice (Sticky Caramel)
- Mushroom and Cheese Dip
- Walnut Bread Rolls (Danish Style)
- Pumpkin Soup with Peanut Butter