- 150 g white sugar
- 500 g whole cream milk
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 4 egg yolks
- 300 g cream
- 35 g cocoa powder, 70% cocoa
2h 15minPreparation 2h 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Combine milk and sugar in TM bowl and heat 5 minutes 90 degrees speed 3
- Drop chocolate chunks into bowl and sit for 5 minutes
- Mix 90 degrees 1 minute speed 3 to fully melt chocolate
- Add yolks and cocoa to the bowl and cook 7 minutes speed 4 at 90 degrees until thickened
- Place bowl into refrigerator for 2 hours to chill. If want this to cool more quickly, decant into another shallow bowl first
- Once custard base has cooled, add in cream and mix 10 seconds speed 5
- Tip contents into ice cream churner and churn for 1 hour until frozen. Alternatively pour into ice cube moulds and freeze overnight, then tip half back in TM bowl and mix 1 minute speed 9, then add the remaining half and repeat.
Accessories you need
Works best in an ice cream churner
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free