- 1 vanilla bean
- 100 ML olive oil
- 2 vanilla beans
- 650 g water
- 40 g olive oil
- 100 g arborio rice
- 600 g vanilla broth
- 60 g creamy mild white goat's cheese with about 50% fat content, plus 50g for the garnish (Ramon suggests the Spanish Nevat goat's cheese; substitutes include French Buche Naturel or Australian Buche Blanc made by Jannei)
- 65 g banana, in 1cm dice
- 40 g sugar
- 50 g dark chocolate buttons, or chopped to button size, plus 10g (grated) for the garnish
- 20 g vanilla-infused olive oil
- 1 g black truffle (grated) or 5 g truffle oil
- 1 pinch salt
If starting a day in advance, prepare the vanilla-infused olive oil by placing a vanilla bean in the olive oil in a jar for 24 hours or more.
The vanilla broth, which is the 'stock' for this risotto, can be done ahead of time.
Pour 650 grams of water into the TM bowl and add the 2 vanilla beans. Heat for 7 min/100C/speed 2. Remove the vanilla beans (they can be dried out to use again) and reserve the vanilla broth in a separate jug. This recipe makes about 600g of vanilla broth after evaporation.
Place the olive oil and rice into the TM bowl and saute for 3 min/100C//speed 1.5. If using already prepared vanilla broth, warm it in a saucepan whilst the rice is sauteing.
Add 200g of broth and cook for 5 min/100C//speed 1.5. When it's finished add another 200g broth, then another 200g at 10 min, setting each time to cook for 5 min/100C//speed 1.5.
After 15 min total cooking time with the broth, add the cheese and stir for 1 min//speed soft/no heat.
Add the diced banana and sugar. Stir for 1 min//.
Add the dark chocolate. Stir for 1 min//speed 1.
Then serve, garnished with the extra cheese, vanilla-infused olive oil, grated dark chocolate, grated black truffle or truffle oil and salt.
Vanilla-infused olive oil
This is the 'Chocolate Risotto' recipe by Ramon Morató on page 152 of In the Mix: Great Thermomix Recipes.
When Spanish chocolate master Ramon Morató (ramonmorato.com) isn’t teaching at his culinary school Aula Chocovic in Barcelona, Spain, or travelling the world sharing his confectionary expertise, he’s creating dishes like liquid chocolate croquettes, chocolate pizza and this interesting black rice with truffle. It’s a curious and alluring dish with restrained sweetness and pungent savoury elements (truffle and goat’s cheese) challenging the tastebuds.
If you can, start the recipe a day ahead to make the vanilla-infused olive oil. If not, just use plain olive oil. To serve, place a spoonful of rice on a warm plate or shallow bowl. Garnish with extra cheese, vanilla-infused olive oil, grated dark chocolate, grated black truffle or truffle oil and salt.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Aish al saraya
- Awwama (Lebanese sweet dumplings)
- Oat Milk Yogurt
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- Drop scones (Scottish pancakes)
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Curried Buns
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- CORN CHOWDER