- 50 g almonds, slivered, toasted
- 370 g heavy cream
- 50 g raw sugar
- 65 g water
- 2 level tablespoons instant coffee
- 160 g dark chocolate bits
- 3 --- egg yolks
- 45 g dark rum
- 200-300 g any fruit of your choice, (optional)
Toast Almonds 5 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1. Set aside.
Insert Butterfly and whip Heavy Cream 30-35 seconds on speed 4. Set in ThermoServer and put aside in refrigerator to keep cool.
Add Raw Sugar to TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 9
Add Water and Instant Coffee to Sugar. Cook for 5 minutes for Varoma temperature on speed soft.
Add Dark Chocolate Baking Bits to TM bowl and blend 20 seconds on speed 3.
Add Egg Yolks and Dark Rum and beat 20 seconds on speed 5. Cool slightly.
Remove ThermoServer from refrigerator and fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. (and can also then be poured into individual serving dishes, if you prefer).
Sprinkle with Toasted Almonds and freeze. If using the ThermoServer in the freezer, cover with cling wrap rather than using the ThermoServer cover.
Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.
Toasted Slivered Almonds
Accessories you need
This luscious dessert has the texture of something between an ice cream and a frozen mousse.
Optional: add fruit on top of servings. I like to add Morello Pitted Cherries.
Converted from The Junior League of San Francisco’s San Francisco à la Carte cookbook ©1979
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet