- 50 g almonds, slivered, toasted
- 370 g heavy cream
- 50 g raw sugar
- 65 g water
- 2 level tablespoons instant coffee
- 160 g dark chocolate bits
- 3 --- egg yolks
- 45 g dark rum
- 200-300 g any fruit of your choice, (optional)
Toast Almonds 5 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1. Set aside.
Insert Butterfly and whip Heavy Cream 30-35 seconds on speed 4. Set in ThermoServer and put aside in refrigerator to keep cool.
Add Raw Sugar to TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 9
Add Water and Instant Coffee to Sugar. Cook for 5 minutes for Varoma temperature on speed soft.
Add Dark Chocolate Baking Bits to TM bowl and blend 20 seconds on speed 3.
Add Egg Yolks and Dark Rum and beat 20 seconds on speed 5. Cool slightly.
Remove ThermoServer from refrigerator and fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. (and can also then be poured into individual serving dishes, if you prefer).
Sprinkle with Toasted Almonds and freeze. If using the ThermoServer in the freezer, cover with cling wrap rather than using the ThermoServer cover.
Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.
Toasted Slivered Almonds
Accessories you need
This luscious dessert has the texture of something between an ice cream and a frozen mousse.
Optional: add fruit on top of servings. I like to add Morello Pitted Cherries.
Converted from The Junior League of San Francisco’s San Francisco à la Carte cookbook ©1979
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot Roll Ups / Fruit Leathers - @Thermo.Cazza
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- Choc Mint Bliss Ball Slice
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Peachy Whip
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Quick n Easy Vanilla Slice
- Caramilk Vanilla Slice
- Roasted strawberry icecream
- Thermomix Fig Salami
- Almond and oat Bliss Balls
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Chickpea Dosa
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)
- Mars Bar Cheesecake