- 200 g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa), broken into pieces
- 40 g unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 40 g light brown sugar
- 2 tsp golden syrup
- 40 g self-raising flour
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 80 g Salted butter, room temperature
- 80 g light brown sugar
- 60 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 0.5 tsp Gelatine powder
- 1.5 tsp golden syrup
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Gelatine powder
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 250 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 0.5 tsp Gelatine powder
- 50 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 20 g Salted butter
- sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
7h 10minPreparation 7h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a square cake tin (18 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- 3. Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix 2 min/speed 2.
- 4. Add golden syrup, flour, cocoa powder and 40 g of the reserved grated chocolate and mix 8 sec/speed 4.5 or until combined. Transfer into prepared cake tin and press dough evenly and firmly to cover base of tin. Bake for 8 minutes (180°C), then set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- 5. Place all caramel ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 20 min/Varoma/speed 1. Pour over reserved biscuit base and place into refrigerator to cool. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- 6. Place gelatine and milk into a bowl and set aside to soak.
- 7. Insert butterfly whisk. Place cream into mixing bowl and whip until soft peaks form/speed 3, watching through hole in mixing bowl lid to avoid overwhipping (see Tips). Remove butterfly whisk. Transfer into a bowl. Do not clean mixing bowl.
- 8. Place reserved gelatine and milk mixture into mixing bowl, avoiding the blades, and heat 40 sec/60°C/speed 2. Transfer into bowl with whipped cream, folding through carefully using a metal spoon. Clean and thoroughly dry mixing bowl.
- 9. Place 110 g of the reserved grated chocolate into mixing bowl and melt 2 min/80°C/speed 1. Transfer into bowl with cream mixture and fold through slowly and gently with a metal spoon. Evenly spread over cooled caramel and place into refrigerator until mousse starts to set (approx. 20 minutes). Do not clean mixing bowl.
- 10. Place gelatine, cream, butter and remaining 50 g chocolate into mixing bowl and melt 2 min/60°C/speed , until smooth. Pour chocolate over mousse, carefully tilting tin to allow chocolate to sperad evenly over top of the mousse and place into refrigerator to set (approx. 5-6 hours). To serve, cut into squares, (approx. 4.5 x 4.5 cm) using a knife dipped in hot water. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve (see Tips). Sprinkle with sea salt flakes just before serving.
Accessories you need
When whipping cream, results will be best if cream is slightly under whipped. When folding in other ingredients, cream will continue to thicken.
You can store petit fours in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. We recommend sprinkling with salt flakes just before serving, as salt may dissolve over time.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Marinara Sauce
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread