- 85 g egg whites
- 170 g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 340 g unsalted butter, Cold and Cubed
- 100 g dark chocolate, Melted and Cooled
Recipe is created for
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that your TM bowl is completely clean and dry. If necessary, a quick wipe out with a cut lemon may help remove any traces of grease.
Weigh your egg whites and sugar into TM bowl. Mix for 3-4 minutes, temp 60 on speed 3.
Once finished, rub a small amount of the heated egg white and sugar mixture between your fingers - the sugar should be completely dissolved into the egg whites. If you can still feel sugar granules repeat the step above for approx 1 to 2 minutes or until completely dissolved.
Once sugar is completely dissolved insert the butterfly and whip for 10 minutes, no temperature on speed 4. You want to whip the mixture until the bowl is only slightly warm to the touch (the temperature indicator light should only read 37 degrees). The mixture should have doubled in size and be glossy and pure white.
Keep the machine running on speed 3 and start to add your cold, unsalted butter. Small amounts at a time until each addition is whipped in. The process should take between 6-8 minutes. Don't panic if the mixture deflats or starts to look curdled - just keep whipping! The mixture should come back together. If it doesn't - pop it in the fridge to cool down for 20 mins and rewhip on speed 4.
Once all the butter is added, pour in the cool, melted chocolate and whip until light and fluffy.
The buttercream can be used immediately (excellent for swirls on cupcakes). It will keep in the fridge for approx 3-4 days and freezes well. Just bring back to room temperature and rewhip with butterfly inserted on speed 4.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls - Mixquisite
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- Easy peasy iced custard tarts
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake