- 500 grams Water, Boiling
- 2 level teaspoon Sugar
- 0.5 level teaspoon Salt
- 100 grams Butter
- 310 grams Flour, Plain
- 1 heaped teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs
- .5 level teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 150 grams Sugar, Caster
- 3 heaped teaspoon Cinnamon, Powder
- 1 litres Oil
35minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking 15min
8Recipe is created for
- Add water, sugar, salt and butter to bowl. Mix on low speed, 100 degrees until butter is melted and temperature returns to 100 degrees.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix on low speed about 30 seconds until forms a ball. Use the spatula to help mix.
- Rest the mix and let it cool to 37 degrees. Mix occasionally with spatula.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time while on knead/interval function with lid in closed position for approx 1 minute. Mixture should look glossy at this stage.
- Place mix in piping bag with star shaped nozzle until ready to cook. Will need to refill piping bag as mixture should be more than fits in bag.
- Heat oil in shallow heavy bottom pan or wok.
- Pipe dough directly in oil in 10-15 cm logs and cut with scissors. Cook 4 at a time.
- Fry until golden brown. Rest gently on paper towel and coat in cinnamon/ sugar mix immediately.
- Serve with chocolate sauce and fruit pieces and enjoy.
Accessories you need
Tastes best fresh, but if making in advance, don't coat with sugar/cinnamon mix. Keep in air tight container. Refresh churro's in oven to get crisp again and then coat in sugar while hot and enjoy.
For a healthier version, you could pipe churro's onto glad bake and bake them in the oven until golden brown.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sherbie Fudge
- Breastfeeding (Lactation) Bliss Balls
- Variation Healthy Apricot, Nut & Seeds Bliss Balls
- Fruity yoghurt flavoring
- Banana, Strawberry and Kale ice cream, dairy free, sugar free, GAPS friendly
- Coconut and Apricot Chia Pudding
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Choc Topping- Paleo or not
- Yummy Carrot Spice Bliss Balls
- Cranberry and Cashew Protein Balls
- Healthy Gummies
- Cold marshmallow
- Mustard Chicken, Bacon & Avocado Salad (inspired by Cafedelites)
- Creamy Tomato, Chicken & Bacon Risotto
- Healthy Date and Coffee Muffins
- Sherbie Fudge
- Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- Moroccan-Spiced Silverbeet
- tomato kasundi (taste)
- Sweet As Pad Thai
- Beef Cheeks on Mashed Cauliflower & Baby Carrots
- Breastfeeding (Lactation) Bikkies
- Orange Mash
- Steamed Slider Buns