- 500 grams water, Boiling
- 2 level teaspoon sugar
- 0.5 level teaspoon salt
- 100 grams Butter
- 310 grams flour, Plain
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- .5 level teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams sugar, Caster
- 3 heaped teaspoon cinnamon, Powder
- 1 litres oil
8Recipe is created for
- Add water, sugar, salt and butter to bowl. Mix on low speed, 100 degrees until butter is melted and temperature returns to 100 degrees.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix on low speed about 30 seconds until forms a ball. Use the spatula to help mix.
- Rest the mix and let it cool to 37 degrees. Mix occasionally with spatula.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time while on knead/interval function with lid in closed position for approx 1 minute. Mixture should look glossy at this stage.
- Place mix in piping bag with star shaped nozzle until ready to cook. Will need to refill piping bag as mixture should be more than fits in bag.
- Heat oil in shallow heavy bottom pan or wok.
- Pipe dough directly in oil in 10-15 cm logs and cut with scissors. Cook 4 at a time.
- Fry until golden brown. Rest gently on paper towel and coat in cinnamon/ sugar mix immediately.
- Serve with chocolate sauce and fruit pieces and enjoy.
Accessories you need
Tastes best fresh, but if making in advance, don't coat with sugar/cinnamon mix. Keep in air tight container. Refresh churro's in oven to get crisp again and then coat in sugar while hot and enjoy.
For a healthier version, you could pipe churro's onto glad bake and bake them in the oven until golden brown.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Hot Cross Bun Bliss Balls
- Cheesecake filled Easter eggs
- Chocolate weetbix balls
- No Melt Buttercream icing for the Tropics
- Gut Loving Strawberry & Coconut Gummies
- The Best Buttercream Icing
- Lemon Lime Bliss Balls, Dairy Free, Vegan, DoTerra
- Salted Caramilk Slice
- Mini Choc-Raspberry Tarts
- Lemon Energy Balls
- Healthy Mousse
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Old fashioned Vanilla tea cake
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf
- Healthy Coconut & Oat Slice
- Varoma Porridge for one
- quince paste
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Vegan Cauliflower Bechamel Sauce
- Heavenly Hot Cross Buns