- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 150 g raw sugar
- 520 g plain flour
- 10 g dry yeast
- pinch salt
- 250 g rice milk
- 60 g nutlex
- Oil for frying, (approx 750g)
- left over sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Mill chia seeds sp10/15secs or until ground. Place into a small bowl with water. Allow to sit so the chis seeds absorb the water and turn gluggy.
Wipe bowl with dry towel to remove any left over chia seeds.
Place sugar into bowl and mill for sp10/5secs to create castor sugar. Set aside in seperate bowl.
Place flour, 50g of the sugar, yeast and salt into TMX bowl and mix sp6/6secs. Set aside (not with chia seed mixture or reserved castor sugar).
Add rice milk & nutlex into TMX bowl and warm for 3mins/60degrees/sp2 or until melted.
Add chia seed mixture and mix sp4/5secs. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add reserved flour mixture and mix sp6/10secs to form a soft dough. Scrape any extra liquid from top of bowl or lid onto dough.
Turn dough out onto Thermomat or greased bowl and allow to rest for 1hr or until dough doubles in size. To remove excess dough put bowl back into housing and turbo until the sound of the blades run free.
Meanwhile mix cinnamon with reserved sugar and put aside in small bowl until later.
Heat oil in medium saucepan.
Knock down dough and hand knead for 1 minute. Cut dough into 4 equal parts and work with one quarter at a time.
Roll out on a floured mat/bench to 1 cm thick. Use a plain 6cm cookie cutter and cut out circle rounds. Place on a lined tray.
Deep fry doughnuts in batches of 3-4 for 2-3minutes each side or until golden and puffed. Use a slotted spoon to remove and drain excess oil.
Place doughnuts on absorbant paper to remove excess oil and then coat in sugar whilst warm.
These can be filled with your choice of jam if you wish. Use about 1cup jam. Make a small hole in the side and pipe jam into it. Use plain castor sugar to coat if doing this unless you like cinnaamon.
More or less cinnamon can be used depending on your tastes. It would also taste nice by using a chia spice mix with the castor sugar.
I have made these into puffs by rolling out dough to 2mm thick and then frying. They still taste yum.
When kneading for the 2nd time you could put back into your TMX bowl and knead it for 30secs. I didn't as I didnt want to get my bowl dirty again. It was easy enough to do it by hand for a short time.
This recipe has been adpated from the magazine - Woolworths Fresh May 2015 edition p43.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Anzac Caramel Slice
- The Best Buffalo wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Twix Bar (Dairy, Gluten, Egg, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan)
- Almost 'Mcvities Digestive Biscuits'
- Almost fail proof crackers (Dairy, egg, nut free)
- Jam Doughnuts
- Argentinean Spinach Croquettes (Gluten Free)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls(Refined sugar free, dairy & egg free)
- Fool proof 15min Jam
- Coconut Syrup
- Dairy Free Puff Pastry
- Dairy Free Brioche Dough
- Hot Cross Buns
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna