- 250 grams Plain Almonds
- 500 grams medjool dates
- 250-350 grams Your favourite dark chocolate
- Assorted toppings (crushed nuts, crushed pistachios, coconut, edible rose petals, blitzed up dried or candies fruits) whatever you prefer really
1h 45minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Make a batch of almond butter from this recipe https://www.recipecommunity.com.au/sauces-dips-spreads-recipes/almond-butter/kgdwmqbd-b88f0-134562-cfcd2-q9bbpu7v
Once you have done that clean and dry your mixing bowl.
Slice dates long ways in half on one side (Not completely in half because you want to stuff them) and discard the pits.
Break up chocolate and grate for 10 seconds / speed 8 then melt for 2 min/ 50o /speed 3. While chocolate is melting use a teaspoon to stuff almond butter into the cavity in each of the dates.
Place some baking paper on a tray. Dip each date into the melted chocolate one by one coating each one completely and place on baking paper (I find sitting the date on a fork and dipping into chocolate the easiest way to do this) then sprinkle with your desired toppings. Place in fridge or freezer to cool depending on how impatient you are
Should keep in the fridge for up to two weeks or pop them in the freezer.
Eat straight from the fridge or freezer (warning: they are hard straight from the freezer)
adapted this recipe from this one I saw on tv:
thanks BozzyMum for the amazing almond butter recipe.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Fig Honey Almond Tart
- sweet chestnut
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Tofu Pudding
- Apricot Balls/Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Custard with Protein Powder
- Rima’s Tagrid Ahmed Mamaghanooj Kitchen’s Mafrookeh
- Poached Quince - TM6 Slow Cook, Blade Cover Method
- Banoffee Pie