- 3cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 g Butter
- 300 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Measure flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, mix and set aside
In the TM, cream together butter and sugar 3mins, sp5. Scraping down occasionally.
Add egg and vanilla to TM bowl. Mix sp4 until combined.
With TM still running, add flour mixture a bit at a time through hole in lid. Continue on sp4 until dough is combined.
Spread plastic wrap on counter and tip dough onto wrap. Wrap well (no gaps) and chill in fridge for at least 1 hour (overnight is fine). Dough can be frozen at this stage.
Preheat oven to 180C
lightly flour thermomat (or clean surface), roll out dough to desired thickness (try not to make too thin - approx 8mm works well).
Cut out shapes and place on a lined baking tray.
Bake in middle of oven for approx 8 mins (or until they no longer look wet).
Preparing the dough
Making and baking
Accessories you need
Un-iced cookies can be frozen.
If dough is too hard when you take it out of the fridge, work with hands until it softens enough to roll (don't let it soften too much).
For a yummy icing - try using the TM salted caramel sauce (just cook it for the extra time suggested): //www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/salted-caramel-sauce/24475
This recipe has been converted from here: //www.salttree.net/2011/10/delightful-soft-sugar-cookies.html
All credit goes to them. They are delicious!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Spaghetti Alfredo
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Greek easter koulourakia dairy free
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Easy Pancakes
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins