- 1/2 cup full milk powder
- 1/4 cup starter, full fat pot set yoghurt - yoghurt with live cultures in the ingredients list
- 800 grams full fat UHT/ longlife milk
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar, optional for a sweet vanilla version
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla, optional for a sweet vanilla version
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
FULL FAT PRODUCTS. Make sure to use full fat products for the best results.RUNNY YOGHURT. If your yoghurt hasn't set in the allocated time & is still a milky consistency it's most likely that it didn't stay warm enough during the incubation time. Next time pour some boiling water into the easiyo thermos & yoghurt container to preheat & take the chill off the plastic. This will ensure the yoghurt stays nice & warm when incubating & doesn't drop temperature too fast.CURDLED YOGHURT. If your yoghurt has curdled and is clumpy it's most likely that it was too hot during the culturing process or left for too long.TART YOGHURT. Can be one of two things. If you use a natural pot set yoghurt as the starter the tanginess will transfer. I prefer using a sweet greek or vanilla yoghurt. Also if you make a plain yoghurt (no sugar or vanilla) & culture for too long your yoghurt will be tart. The little bacteria in the yoghurt eat the milk sugars & turn them into lactic acid. FRIDGE LIFE. This yoghurt will easily last 2-3 weeks if no one double dips Always judge by smell & taste.DONT FORGET! Once your yoghurt has set, place ¼ cup into a clean container & store somewhere in the fridge where no one will eat it. This can be used to make your next batch!USING FRESH MILK. You MUST first cook your milk at 90* for atleast 10 minutes, then allow it to cool back to under 37* before using. This breaks down the proteins in the milk. This is why I use UHT as I can skip this process.USING AN EASIYO SACHET AS A STARTER. You may split the easiyo sachet into 4 portions & use 1 portion (1/4 packet) in place of the starter. Store the remaining 3 portions in your freezer. You can use this at a later date.WHERE CAN I BUY AN EASIYO? You can find them at Woolworths, Coles, IGA, Big W & online.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Aunty Maree's Best Banana Cake Ever
- It’s Lime Cheesecake!
- LONG JOHNS (CREAM DOUGHNUT)
- Shady Grady Cheesecake
- Meghli مغلي
- Vanilla Bean Paste - Thermomumma
- TM5 Automated Yoghurt - Thermomumma
- Thick Yoghurt - Electric Yoghurt Maker - Thermomumma
- Quick Nutella & Tim Tam Icecream - Thermomumma
- Whatever Ice-Cream - Thermomumma
- Thick Vanilla Custard - Thermomumma
- Creamed Rice - Thermomumma
- Thick Chocolate Custard - Thermomumma
- Blueberry & Choc Chip Muffins - Thermomumma
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie Filling - Thermomumma
- Cornmeat, Vege & Parsley Sauce - Thermomumma
- Sausages With Tomato & Onion Gravy - Thermomumma
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Banana and walnut muffins
- Cinnamon scrolls
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Feijoa, Ginger and Vanilla Jam
- Mandy's Chai Latte mix
- Ooba Carrot Cake
- Rima's Petitfour